Players in room cannot join my game when i am host

[F0rk]Deathcounter_

Edited 17 January 2019 - 11:10 pm by [F0rk]Deathcounter_
Players were unable to join my room while i was in ingame lobby.
Before i launched, i had the game open in a diffrent room and in a diffrent lobby.
I closed the game and launched again (with 8 players), from now on the players didnt auto join my multiplayer room. I rejoined room, same thing.

Also, basically voobly always crashes when clicking on a playername next to his message that has left your room and voobly. This bug exists for almost half a year now.

Sorry for the meme, but its just demotivating when you have a full room that you have waited 2 hours for it to fill and then just this happens and players leave thinking you are ****ed host. 2 Hours
Attachments:
2raj5w.jpg (file size: 54.17 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Neo

Posted 17 January 2019 - 5:34 pm
Hi, Not sure what you really trying to say. But if you are hosting make sure the room is for 8 players if you want to have a full game, if you mean spectators make sure you have spectator in settings enabled.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [F0rk]Deathcounter_

Edited 17 January 2019 - 11:25 pm by [F0rk]Deathcounter_
Well basically when you are host, your game launches before the others right? Yes
Then usually player join afterwards taking up the slots.
However the people's game didn't auto launch multiple times after i launched and when i was in the ingame lobby.
i would now like to know if this is related to:
- having multiple rooms open while the main room has direct connections and is dominant to the other room (other room has disabled connections)
- the fact that before this issue occurred i got the error message that i can't launch 2 games
or due something else.

Also what i meant with the other bug is following :
Imagine you are in room 50 with another player called A. A likes to talk via room chat and says :"<A>: "Hi!"
Shortly after the player A leaves your room and closes voobly.
Unfortunately you didn't read his message in time and want to send him a private message. You click on his name that is next to the message "Hi!"
Voobly usually then proceeds to open the user menu where you can for example send the player a private message, view his profile, pay him a membership, send him a friend request etc.
However since A has closed voobly, voobly cannot show the menue resulting in the only logical typical way of solution for it to do: Crashing and closing itself for no apparent reason.
I hope this was clear enough
Link | Reply | Quote
 Neo

Posted 18 January 2019 - 4:20 pm
Yes you can't host multiple rooms in multiple lobbies, should be hosting only one room that causes the issue of game not launching.

About player who said "Hi" to you, you can always copy his nick and search it on voobly website and get to his profile and send him a messege :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [F0rk]Deathcounter_

Posted 18 January 2019 - 8:59 pm
Neo wrote:

About player who said "Hi" to you, you can always copy his nick and search it on voobly website and get to his profile and send him a messege :)
I kinda thought this was obvious, but it seems you need an easier explanation:
Voobly proceeds to crash for a reason any coder could fix in half and hour. Its not about sending a message, its about voobly crashing.

Guys, its 2019 - voobly appears as if its from 2006 with all its bugs
such a good game, such a good userpatch, such good community forum (aoezone) and then there is....
Link | Reply | Quote
 Neo

Posted 18 January 2019 - 10:57 pm
I kinda thought this was obvious, but it seems you need an easier explanation:
Voobly proceeds to crash for a reason any coder could fix in half and hour. Its not about sending a message, its about voobly crashing.

Guys, its 2019 - voobly appears as if its from 2006 with all its bugs
such a good game, such a good userpatch, such good community forum (aoezone) and then there is....
This game is pretty old if you recon :D

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts