Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Client and Website related Problems and Questions > Can't port forward because don't have static(stable) IP from ISP (CGN

Can't port forward because don't have static(stable) IP from ISP (CGN

yasoing

Posted 31 January 2019 - 10:16 pm
So I'm from Turkey and my ISP is not providing me my own stable IP or (static IP) i guess? Im sure of it since my IP starts with 100 due to ipv4 running out of unique ıp's to provide diffirent people im not expert on this.

From what I see im in CGnet pool which is not allowing me to port forward. I turned my pc connection into static connection from dynamic but i realized its the network connection i have is dynamic.

So they told me that i have to pay for it. Well i cant.
What else i can do to solve FP problem ?

So without doing anything it says '' Not Forwarded '' ''Warnings found but probably ok'' and it works sometimes well and sometimes everyone is fp.

I tried to port forward from router.
tried upnp on/off both on router and voobly.
Restarting pc and router
After rarely it says symetric nat then turns into not forwarded state again.

Lastly i changed nat number in voobly settings to wan or router port im seeing on in the info box. Made it something close to that number and it said '' All Passed ''

Still having fp issues and everytime i restart or play games the number changes a bit anyway :)

Need help.
Attachments:
all passed.png (file size: 17.86 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Neo

Posted 1 February 2019 - 12:24 am
Hi please use this guide https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1034+How+to+configure+a+static+ip+address to setup static ip
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 1 February 2019 - 12:54 am by kitt
hi
the ip you forward is not the one from your isp, its a private one allocated by your routers dhcp.
talk to the isp and ask them to forward to your pc, port 16000udp. this will cost you nothing. [its likely you are on a shared net ip with others.]
what is the router make/model number? you can, as above in post above, set your pc to a private static ip which has nothing to do with the isp or use reserve on your router dhcp so when you forward that private ip [of your pc] its always the same.
Link | Reply | Quote
 yasoing

Posted 1 February 2019 - 12:54 pm
Hello , ive made static ip settings trough following settings instead of the guide. Does it do the same job? Or should i do from where it shows in the link?
Attachments:
subnex.png (file size: 15.7 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 yasoing

Posted 1 February 2019 - 1:00 pm
Okay. I will ask my ISP forward my pc to port 16000udp hopefully they will do it. I thought being in shared net ip with others wont make them be able to port forward in anyway

My router/modem model : ASUS DSL-N16

Also the above post where static guide ip linked it says ''The field IP address must be unique'' referring ipv4 box i guess? And i am using cmd>ipconfig > ipv4 my preferred IP adress for that which is unique one identified to my pc only because all the other devices having diffirent IP endings, did i understand this right?

Here in the picture i've made static IP trough using settings hopefully it works as the same as in the link.
Attachments:
subnex.png (file size: 15.7 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 1 February 2019 - 3:23 pm by kitt
hi
it should be ok but its important your pc gets the same private ip each time and is the same as the one you used in p/forwarding. check your forwarding is correct from this tutorial: [You must login to view link]
its not the exact model but should be similar. forward port 16000udp only. apply/save. turn off upnp on your router apply/save
Quote:
Okay. I will ask my ISP forward my pc to port 16000udp hopefully they will do it. I thought being in shared net ip with others wont make them be able to port forward in anyway
if you are on a shared public ip they can forward that port to your pc or give you a public static ip.
Link | Reply | Quote
 yasoing

Edited 2 February 2019 - 2:09 pm by yasoing
hi
I've made port settings like this. I tried with source ip same as my local IP as well. it didnt work before but will try again with upnp off.

Settings at the moment: upnp off, current port settings , static ip.

One thing i didnt understand, what is the purpose of all those settings if my ISP will port forward 16000 udp for me already ? ( i asked them to do it and now waiting for their response.)

By the way does turning off upnp affect other games in anyway?

Important Note : It was working fine with UPNP on and without port forwarding BEFORE I changed my ISP!
Attachments:
static.png (file size: 19.72 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 2 February 2019 - 3:07 pm by +sunny@voobly
Hi there,

With UPNP turned on, your router will query the game to find out what port/ ports it needs to be opened. Unfortunately this query will result in a response to the directplay ports (47264, 2300-2400) which does not help. When playing on Voobly you need the Voobly NAT port to be open instead. This is why UPNP is more like a hit or miss at times and therefore not recommended. Other than that, it is also a security risk since any application can access any port on your network unrestricted. Long story short, UPNP should be turned off.

Now if your ISP is sharing the IP your port forwarding 'may not work' no matter what you do. More so if the connection is routed over multiple switches or routers outside your premises. This is usually the case for most PPPOE type of connections. My advice to you would be to contact your ISP and have them open the ports for you. I am 99% positive they will have to do it for you. Whether or not they will do it for free or force you to buy an IP is something you have to sort it out with them.

Link | Reply | Quote
 TunaKhan

Edited 2 February 2019 - 5:03 pm by TunaKhan
Slm
Statik ip den kastedilen modem arayüzünden Yerel Ağınızda sabit bir ip almanız.

Bunu da modem arayüzündeki (Kablolu ise LAN), (Kablosuz ise WAN) kısayola tıklayarak açılan sayfada Mac Address IP Address Add (+) alanlarını doldurduktan sonra Apply demeniz gerekiyor. Buradaki Mac kısmına oyuna bağlandığınız bilgisayarın (Kablolu ise Ethernet kartına ait Mac adresi), (Kablosuz ise WiFi kartının Mac adresi) ni girmelisiniz ve IPye de örneğin 192.168.1.101 girin ve Ekle diyin. Böylece o bilgisayardan Kabloluyu ayarladıysanız kablolu bağlandığınızda, kablosuzu ayarladıysanız kablosuzdan bağlandığınızda 192.168.1.101 adresini alırsınız.

Artık 192.168.1.101 adresine port yönlendirme yaparsınız ve modem. pc gibi aygıtlar kapatılıp açılsa da her bağlandığınızda o ip yi alır ve 16000 UDP portunu açtığınız için sorun yaşamazsanız.

Eğer konuyu çözemezseniz bana ulaşabilirsiniz.

Modeminizin kullanım kılavuzuna [You must login to view link] adresinden ulaşabilirsiniz. Buradan kontrol ederek tarif ettim size.
Link | Reply | Quote
 yasoing

Posted 2 February 2019 - 9:19 pm
Thank you , will ask them to port forward 16000 udp to my pc for me and will tell the result here.
Link | Reply | Quote
 yasoing

Posted 5 February 2019 - 6:32 pm
Update:

My ISP said they cannot do anything else than just selling me static ip...

Something i realized and i have proof of is no matter what vooby shows or says , even though it shows all the players as FP to me , im able to play game without any problems or delays or any lag.

i've tried to play 3 diffirent people where they all fp to me and recorded. What does it mean ? I'm only having problems with voobly? In this case people will keep kicking me even though i say '' its alright game should work fine''
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 5 February 2019 - 10:29 pm
Answered in Help Room. Now we'll have to wait if your ISP can grant you a free-trial static IP to see if it works.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 February 2019 - 4:32 pm
@yasoing
Sometimes router manufacturers use different terminology. See if you can find a tab under NAT called Virtual Servers.
If this alternative exists, apply the same settings as done previously, restart the Voobly client and copy the network diagnostics log.
Link | Reply | Quote
 yasoing

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:11 pm
unfortunately all isp can offer is selling me static ip by increasing the price a little bit which i cannot allow them to. Looking for other solutions.
Link | Reply | Quote
 yasoing

Posted 15 February 2019 - 10:37 pm
Hi
Only thing i could find about virtual server in my modem is in this port forwarding tab. Just like can be seen in the picture.

'' apply the same settings as done previously, restart the Voobly client and copy the network diagnostics log.''

By that can you please elaborate what you mean by that ? especially what same settings should i apply?
Attachments:
virtual server.png (file size: 137.21 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 17 posts