Unable to join

Honkmeister

Posted 3 February 2019 - 4:16 pm
Hey! Trying to join mulitplayergames but when i´m about join the game i get "unable to join"? I tried to host also but it seems people can´t get in.

Anyone have this problem? I have played trough voobly with AIs and it works fine.

thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 4 February 2019 - 12:24 am
hi
you probably need to allow voobly and the game through your pc firewall and anti-virus.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 5 February 2019 - 11:58 am by +eric@voobly
Hej, löste det sig?

Mvh
Eric
Link | Reply | Quote
 Honkmeister

Edited 6 February 2019 - 5:36 pm by kitt
Hejsan! Fungerade bra med ominstallation etc tills jag kom till patch-delen. När game-diagnostics skulle poppa upp så hände inget. Så jag körde den själv men den sa att allt var okej och uptodate! Så jag installerade den själv i rätt mapp enligt instruktion. Sen testade jag igen men kommer inte in. Fungerar att spela själv dock, vilket jag tycker är märkligt!
Är där någon speciell adress man ska göra undantag på i sitt virusprogram tex?

Tack!
Quote:
Hello! Worked well with reinstallation etc until I got to the patch part. When game diagnostics would pop up, nothing happened. So I drove it myself but it said everything was okay and uptodate! So I installed it myself in the right folder according to instruction. Then I tested again but didn't come in. Works to play though, which I find strange!
Is there any special address to make exceptions to in their virus program, for example?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 6 February 2019 - 5:49 pm by kitt
Hej
Jag är inte exakt klar var du är nu.
kan du gå med och spela? värd etc?
vilken brandvägg och AV använder du? vanligtvis bara att placera namnet eller exe i kommer att göra. Du kan lägga till portnummer.
du pratar om en ominstallation, vad har du installerat om? om spelet behöver installeras så här beroende på operativsystem, vilket måste vara aktuellt:
Quote:
1) Spelet installerat på liknande sätt för XP / Vista / Win7 / Win10.32 bit:
C: Programfiler / Microsoft Games / Age Of Empires11 /

Spelet installerat på liknande sätt som Vista / W7 / W8 / Win10. 64 bitar.
C: Programfiler [86] / Microsoft Games / Age Of Empires11 /
installera spelet som admin, i kompatibilitetsläge för xpsp3.

windows8
Vissa tycker att använda kompatibilitetsläge för w98 eller w95 fungerar bättre. Prova allt om du har problem
Empire Age The Conquerors 1c: Game Patch: Game Patch

checka ut det går ok. sedan an****a sig vredigt och patchar installeras automatiskt.
Quote:
hi
im not exactly clear were you are now.
can you join and play? host etc?
what firewall and AV are you using? usually just putting the name or the exe in will do. you can add port numbers.
you talk of a reinstall, what have you reinstalled? if the game it needs to be installed like this depending on your operating system, which needs to be up to date:
Quote:
1) The game installed similar to this for XP/ Vista/ Win7/Win10.32 bit:
C:Program files/Microsoft Games/Age Of Empires11/

The game installed similar to this for Vista/ W7/ W8/ Win10. 64 bit.
C:Program files[86]/Microsoft Games/Age Of Empires11/
install the game as admin, in compatibility mode for xpsp3.

windows8
Some find using compatibility mode for w98 or w95 works better. Try all if having a problem
Age of Empires The Conquerors 1c: Game Patch

check off line it runs ok. then join voobly and patches will be auto installed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Honkmeister

Posted 6 February 2019 - 6:06 pm
Hi there i´m trying right now. I followed the instructions at
[You must login to view link]

First i erased all traces of the program AOEtools, wich according to eric was the source of the problem.
I uninstalled game in steam and the patch from voobly. Now in the voobly-lobby i got this:

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'C:\Users\Henrik\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii'
Verifying 'C:\Users\Henrik\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\language_x1.dll' exists...
Failure!

The file was not found at the location the registry said it should be. The registry keys need to either be fixed or the game needs to be moved to the proper location"

So i choosed "Yes" when asked if i would liked to be helped and then it told me voobly couldn´t find were i installed the .exe file. So i manually looked it up and then the update started and the patch got installed(plus some other updates)
And now my diagnostics says the patch is in the right place.

The problem was the AOEtools program. Even tough i uninstalled it and the game there was some traces on the computer under a specific folder of my harddrive. It seems voobly found that after the re-instaltions and told me everything was alright. Now it says:

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd'
Verifying 'ebueulax.dll' exists...
Verifying 'age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Verifying 'language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Verifying 'Sound\music.m3u' exists...
Verifying 'data\graphics.drs' exists...
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 218112 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 7 February 2019 - 1:31 pm
hi
this is were the game should be: Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd'
Link | Reply | Quote
 Honkmeister

Posted 7 February 2019 - 7:09 pm
Hm, thats where i find it installed but still cant join games. Patch installed in the same map also. And the game is excluded in my anti-virus+firewall.

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd'
Verifying 'ebueulax.dll' exists...
Verifying 'age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Verifying 'language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Verifying 'Sound\music.m3u' exists...
Verifying 'data\graphics.drs' exists...
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 218112 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your compute
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 7 February 2019 - 7:15 pm
Hi.

Please make sure your firewall is CORRECTLY configured following this link :

https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1035+How+to+configure+Windows+Firewall+to+play+on+Voobly
Make sure to follow all steps.

If it still doesn't work, please follow this : https://www.voobly.com/pages/view/1623

If you find it already ticked, untick/tick it and restart your computer.

If it still yet doesn't work, please provide us which Antivirus you're using.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Honkmeister

Posted 7 February 2019 - 9:01 pm
Thanks for the help! Don´t know what step did it but i did all steps and now i could join, i lost, but still i could join :)

cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 7 February 2019 - 9:14 pm
Great to hear. Should we consider this resolved ? :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Honkmeister

Posted 8 February 2019 - 1:54 pm
Yes we should ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 8 February 2019 - 7:10 pm
Alright. Don't hesitate to post if you have any issue or question.

Thread closed.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 13 out of 13 posts