AoE II Conquerors screen tearing/stuttering

lightApprentice

Posted 5 February 2019 - 12:19 pm
Hi, I have AoE II HD on steam and it runs fine. But after I used AoE2Tools to get the game on Voobly the new game, The Conquerors is stuttering/the screen is tearing. I don't know what it is excactly and how to precisely describe it but when I don't scroll the screen it works smooth, and the moment I do scroll all the textures just lag on my screen instead of moving smoothly. As I mentioned before it's not the case with AoE II HD. What can I do?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 5 February 2019 - 12:33 pm
hi
i would remove what you have and follow the below.
if you have the steam version follow this tutorial for a good install: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
you need to make sure your pc firewall allows voobly and the game through.
you can try these recommended settings first and see if it helps: https://www.voobly.com/files/view/31695090/db4efrmhsw88gf2wefkakbmj9nqvfr7r/VGR8.png
Link | Reply | Quote
 lightApprentice

Posted 5 February 2019 - 7:21 pm
Well, it didn't quite go as smooth as in the guide. First the Conquerors game couldn't be uninstalled, I just had to manually delete everything. I uninstalled everything I could Voobly included. Later on diagnostic tool couldn't download stuff, precisely unzip something. I got it to do so after some "work", I never install games on C drive and I selected proper game directory manually as diag tool requested.
Now after checking recommended settings as on the screenshot everything runs very delayed and the game feels like running at some 10 fps. I tried different settings as well. Only thing that makes difference is patch selected, and out of 3 available for me to choose, 1.0c; 1.4RC and v1.5 Beta R7 only the last one works better, but doesn't fix original problem. Of course the fact I couldn't actually make a clean installation triggers me because that would be something to start with.
Thank you very much for help still
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 5 February 2019 - 8:06 pm
Can you provide us some information about your monitor and also your native resolution you're using ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 lightApprentice

Edited 5 February 2019 - 8:54 pm by lightApprentice
The monitor is Iiyama prolite X248HSU it's resolution is 1920x1080 and I use it.

Edit
I connect it to PC with DVI-D
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 5 February 2019 - 8:56 pm
Alright.

Please do how +kitt recommended to you.

Then before launching the game, do as followed :

Try to use those recommended settings in your room
https://www.voobly.com/files/view/31695090/db4efrmhsw88gf2wefkakbmj9nqvfr7r/VGR8.png

Link | Reply | Quote
 lightApprentice

Posted 5 February 2019 - 9:31 pm
I just did it again and it didn't help
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Edited 5 February 2019 - 9:50 pm by hassan
Did you try the recommended settings ?

Also, make sure your graphic card driver is updated.
Link | Reply | Quote
 lightApprentice

Posted 5 February 2019 - 10:05 pm
Yes I set all the options right. Honestly I don't believe graphic card driver update may help here. My gtx 960 is dead for years now anyways.
I kindly thank you both for help but I'm afraid I'm stuck with the HD version
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Edited 5 February 2019 - 10:18 pm by hassan
Well people there are playing perfectly with no issues. You'll just have to follow instructions properly. If you believe your graphic card is dead, it should screen tear for any application/game.

You'll just need to correctly clean all your installation, not only deleting. Then proceed to a correct installation, check your drivers, do the recommended settings, and you're done.

Also, you'll have to correctly install the compatibility patch as stated in the previous guide.

Also, if your problem isn't solved, I can invite you in our live chat help room so I can assist you step by step .
Link | Reply | Quote
 lightApprentice

Posted 5 February 2019 - 10:50 pm
OK thanks I will return to this when I will have time
Link | Reply | Quote
 lightApprentice

Posted 6 February 2019 - 10:06 pm
I updated the driver and it didn't help. To clarify my graphics card is working 100% right.
How do I uninstall the Conquerors expansion? There is no such program in my control panel. There are only AoE2HD and Compatibility Patch there. Other than that I follow the instructions correctly
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 7 February 2019 - 1:29 pm
hi
go to "settings". "apps/features" if you have win10.
Link | Reply | Quote
 lightApprentice

Posted 8 February 2019 - 8:27 pm
Oh I'm on win 7
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 8 February 2019 - 11:27 pm
hi
then go to add/remove programs
Quote:
Open Programs and Features by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Programs, and then clicking Programs and Features. 2. Select a program, and then click Uninstall. You can only uninstall the programs you have installed.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 16 posts