Port forwarding ok, why is voobly still not working?

Bansheete

Posted 7 February 2019 - 11:08 pm
Hi, so i did the port forwarding, since upnp wasnt working, and i still get the same:
Code:
Starting networking diagnostics... Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal". Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete... Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port) 14 seconds left. 9 seconds left. 4 seconds left. Test Result: Connection failure Network Health: Failure Recommended Action: Turn off firewall, disable firewall, or uninstall firewall, port forwarding, if none of that works reinstall your operation system or try to directly connect to the internet without a router. The only port you need to forward is UDP port 16000 on Voobly you do NOT need the direct play ports 2300-2400 and 47624. Details: Connections to one or all of the servers failed For help understanding this report or for more information go to http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.

I am in a 2 router environment, but the port checker tool actually says my port 16000 is open, so what else do i need??
Dont have FW. And Antivirus doesnt have anything related to ports or internet to configure (McAfee) and i dont think he is the problem since i have other port specific things working and never had a problem.
Why is it not working???
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 7 February 2019 - 11:10 pm
Hi.

Please post/screen your configuration of the router (How you forwarded your port).

Also, press Win+R, type "ipconfig /all" and screenshot it then post it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 7 February 2019 - 11:11 pm
hi
which of the two routers are you joining from 1st or 2nd? are they both routers or modem routers?
if your connection goes through two routers, the 2nd needs to be in the same ip subnet as the 1st
Link | Reply | Quote
 Bansheete

Edited 8 February 2019 - 1:28 am by Bansheete
1st router(modem router):
Internal IP: 192.168.0.1
This one is forwarded to router #2 (see attachment 1 & 2(port triggers))

2nd router:
External IP: 192.168.0.2
Internal IP: 192.168.1.1
This one forwards port to static IP of the pc. (see attachment 3 and 4 port activation(=port triggers))

PC: 192.168.1.103

kitt wrote:
hi
which of the two routers are you joining from 1st or 2nd? are they both routers or modem routers?
if your connection goes through two routers, the 2nd needs to be in the same ip subnet as the 1st
2nd, and it is on its external ip, you say it should all be in the same subnet? so all in 192.168.0.X ?

i could try that, is that necessary ? any other thoughts?

Attachments:
1st.png (file size: 16.25 KB)
2nd.png (file size: 17.98 KB)
3rd.png (file size: 21.92 KB)
4th.png (file size: 12.41 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 8 February 2019 - 2:55 am by kitt
hi
yep
[You must login to view link]
basically the modem router does the work but you can forward from both is same ip subnet. a little like bridging but easier
that way both work as one. private ip's allocated by 1st modem/router
Link | Reply | Quote
 Bansheete

Edited 8 February 2019 - 1:00 pm by Bansheete
2nd router doesn't allow that, says that LAN subnet cannot be the same as WAN subnet.

So, i tried almost everything, i just tried port pass-through in the 1st router to the port of the 2nd one, and that seemed not to work at all.
RN i've been trying for well over 10 hours (between yesterday and today).
Also remember the port tool says i DO have port 16000 forwarded.

Seems i will have to play FP where they let me... (which sucks by the way because almost all kick FP....)

but well, im all ears if someone has any ideas.

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 8 February 2019 - 3:06 pm by kitt
hi
ok
couple things on what you have:
unless you want to play by ip over a lan, you do not require ports 2300-2400 and 47624.
when you have two routers in tandem, you also have two firewalls, two nats, etc. its also possible that you are on a shared wan ip with a lot of other people.
read this for two router forwarding: [You must login to view link]

try this
https://www.wikihow.tech/Use-a-Router-As-a-Switch
[You must login to view link]
the above show how to turn two in to one [routers] to avoid double nat etc.

basic guide,
disconnect the 2nd router from the modem/router. leave it connected to the pc. access it. change the internal ip[lan ip] to the same subnet as the 1st router and give it an ip like 192.168.0.254. apply/save. turn the 2nd routers dhcp server off.apply/save. reboot it. you may also have to alter the web connection type to ether net.
or for the above you can simply reset it to factory, then alter the lan ip etc.
do all forwarding/virtual server from the router/modem, so remove all forwarding etc from the 2nd router.wi-fi passwords etc can be left alone. likewise the router firewall.
reconnect to the 1st router and forward 16000udp to the pc ip. apply/save. now in effect you have one router. all work is done by the 1st router

you can also use bridge mode which would be done on the router/modem
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 8 February 2019 - 5:16 pm
hi
i will try and make it clearer.
playing games through two routers means two nats/firewalls etc. [you can use two routers the way you have it set up for security or just normal use: [You must login to view link]]
also many ISP's use whats called carrier grade ip's. it means you do not have a personal wan ip. its shared with others and the ISP servers nat it to your pc. this was/is used to make ipv4 addresses go further. at busy times this will cause fp.
two ways to simplify your set up.
1}bridge mode
2}switch.
using [1] you set the modem/router to bridge in the connection type page of the router. it still logs you to the ISP but does nothing else. router two connection type would be ppoe.
many tutorials on the net to follow.
using[2]
you effectively turn two routers in to one and all work is done by 1st router.

the attached file may help
Attachments:
Link | Reply | Quote
 Bansheete

Edited 9 February 2019 - 12:51 am by Bansheete
Thanks! i've set up the 2nd router to switch, and now im in the same subnetwork as the first.
but still get the same :(
Code:
Starting networking diagnostics... Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal". Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete... Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port) 14 seconds left. 9 seconds left. 4 seconds left. Test Result: Connection failure Network Health: Failure Recommended Action: Turn off firewall, disable firewall, or uninstall firewall, port forwarding, if none of that works reinstall your operation system or try to directly connect to the internet without a router. The only port you need to forward is UDP port 16000 on Voobly you do NOT need the direct play ports 2300-2400 and 47624. Details: Connections to one or all of the servers failed For help understanding this report or for more information go to http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.

I did forwarded port 16000 to the new ip of my pc (in the first router), which i also reserved.
i hate my life :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 Bansheete

Posted 9 February 2019 - 12:56 am
Just checked, and UPNP works with the first router, and i get:
Code:
Scanning... [Device found] Description = F@ST3686 Manufacturer = SAGEM Model = F@ST3686 uuid:upnp-WANConnectionDevice-1_0-b8ee0e4b646c Port forward already found skipping! (External: 16000 Internal: 16000) Scan Done

I hate my life x2 XD
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 9 February 2019 - 1:07 am by kitt
hi
ok
check on the switch that no ports are forwarded/triggered etc. check the router/modem firewall is set to default. the router modem is were you do all work. you also might try a reboot of the whole system.
upnp should be off
you say no firewall on the pc, isnt win defender operating?
check your AV logs to be sure its not blocking you.
this is a free port checking app: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Bansheete

Edited 12 February 2019 - 12:48 pm by Bansheete
kitt wrote:
hi
ok
check on the switch that no ports are forwarded/triggered etc. check the router/modem firewall is set to default.
the 2nd router (now switch) doesnt have the options anymore in switch mode. so that´s ok.
router/modem firewall is disabled.
kitt wrote:
the router modem is were you do all work. you also might try a reboot of the whole system.
I will try a reboot now
kitt wrote:
upnp should be off
done
kitt wrote:
you say no firewall on the pc, isnt win defender operating?
check your AV logs to be sure its not blocking you.
this is a free port checking app: [You must login to view link]
Nope, its a corporate PC so it comes with Win defender off. even then i did put rules in everywhere allowing Voobly connections on all ports.. Did check the port with the network utilities thingy and it says my port is open.
According to my AV logs, the last time it blocked something was on 11/14/2018 05:28:11 PM so, we are ok.

Ill try a full reset as the last gasp of hope leaves my body. (lol. so dramatic....)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Bansheete

Posted 12 February 2019 - 8:17 pm
Hey! its me again, i tried on another PC, which has no antivirus, changed nat transversal to 16001, did the port forwarding from the router to his IP, and i still ended up with the same result, 1 server seems to answer, the other 2 dont. is voobly available for Argentina ? Might that have something to do? im puzzled, never had this kind of issue before.... :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 12 February 2019 - 11:57 pm
hi
are you doing this at home or elsewere?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Bansheete

Posted 13 February 2019 - 7:24 pm
kitt wrote:
hi
are you doing this at home or elsewere?
At home, the 2nd pc i tried is a desktop. the first is my work pc.
both had the same result :(

would a wireshark of voobly trying to connect help in trying to identify the problem in any way? would something else help troubleshoot this?

Im tired of being kicked for being FP :(

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 17 posts