Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Weird lag issue (sometimes) mid game (not network related)

Weird lag issue (sometimes) mid game (not network related)

['NZ']N1K

Edited 26 February 2019 - 2:05 am by ['NZ']N1K
Hi.

I have this issue where my game begins to lag (it usually happens 20-30 game time minutes).

This is not network lag. (there are no fast proxies or anything like that). (The only thing lagging is aoe2 in game - task manager etc show no spikes in CPU etc)
---IN GAME i am the only one experiencing the lag (units moving fine it is when i move my own screen (scrolling around) around or try and use hotkeys to move between buildings foir example)
This also doesn't happen every game - probably about half the games run totally fine.

For example, i played 3 games yesterday. Two games ran perfectly smoothly (one 1v1, one 4v4), but my third game, about 30 minutes game time in - began to stutter (start to notice it, isnt that bad) but as the game goes it gets more and more laggy. (To the point where if i say am swapping between town centres, or trying to build units from military buildings, scrolling across the map, microing army - literally anything, makes it lag/stutter for like half a second then comes back - it sort of freezes ever so slightly - like an extreme version of having non precision scrolling off)
--again no one else in the game said they were experiencing any lag at all (totally smooth)

To fix i have to wait till the laggy game finishes, i close and reopen voobly - and the issue is gone (until it comes back again at random, mid game) (((maybe i should be opening and closing the client between each game to fix, but not sure)))

I thought i had potentially fixed this issue, by unticking: Game>Windows compatibility>Run in windows XP sp2 - for some reason if i have this ticked, and i opened any menu in game (options, tech tree etc) it would take a long time to open the menu (and then after the lag i described above would start). -and also lag out other people in the game (white turtle beside my name while i was in the an options menu)
--So when i unticked this option, my menus are fast in game - So i thought problem solved only to find it back 3 games later. (so probably not even related)

I have resinstalled my game using the "fresh install" link provided by another tech support while trying to deal with this issue (https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/300947/0#pagebrowser1) - which isnt fixed either, but i don't think it is related.

I have also reinstalled voobly client (and i might do this again just to make sure i did it as admin or didn't have some other thing effecting it like malware scanner or anti virus or something)

My friend has same issue i believe - and unplugs his 2nd monitor to fix this (i need to ask him again, as he hasnt played enough games to see if the issue returns - it could be same as me thinking it is fixed until it happens a few games later)
--I also run two monitors, same refresh rates (144hz) but they have different screen resolutions 2560x1440 and 1920x1080.

I have a pretty decent PC, and it is new (so it is unlikely to be hardware / hard drive related) - only issues ive had are with aoe2 voobly (not HD version, runs smoothly, never lags in game (just the network lag on HD is bad - especially play overseas players as i am from New Zealand -- so i want to get voobly client to work)
--No other issues with any games (counter strike go, apex legends, aoe 2 hd etc)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, or if need any more info let me know.

Nick
Link | Reply | Quote
 VNS_Yoshihiro

Posted 24 April 2019 - 7:30 pm
I have same problems. Sometimes it's Okay but sometimes it's lag. I tried everything but it still lag.
https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/304096
It's not about network.
And I read from forum. single player is Okay but multiplayer is obscure lag.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts