Problem when hosting - 1 other player crashes

[F0rk]AlgernonR

Posted 11 March 2019 - 7:47 am
Hello!
I have a problem with hosting games on voobly - whenever I launch the game 1 other player will be unable to join, and instead crash - having to restart voobly and then join the game manually by clicking "Join game". This makes it impossible to host 1v1's as the other player will 100% of the time crash, having to go through this procedure. In a TG or FFA game its 1 unlucky player having to do this. I have no idea how to fix - it has been like this for maybe 6 months now? Its also not a router-thing cause I had the issue on other locations as well. I suppose its either a firewall thing or a voobly thing? But I have tried deactivating the firewall and it hasnt changed anything.
This happens on both WK and without btw.

Is this something you have come across before? Any ideas what steps to take?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 11 March 2019 - 1:40 pm
hi
when you say crashes, i assume you mean cannt join the game first time around? have you checked your router firewall is set to default?
what pc f/wall do you have and pc anti-virus? are there any log files to your pc f/wall and AV?
if you have a software f/wall like zone alarm you would need to uninstall it, reboot to test properly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [F0rk]AlgernonR

Posted 30 April 2019 - 12:55 am
So I have tried to deactivate the firewall, and that removes the issue. However, I dont know what to actually do in the firewall settings to keep it working while still protecting the computer. I have made security exceptions for both voobly, AoC and WK. Beyond that - what can I rly do?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts