Problem with Resolution 2560x1440

LongStrider

Edited 13 March 2019 - 4:20 pm by LongStrider
Hello!
I have just faced a problem with screen resolution. I get 2048x1152 instead of 2560x1440.

1. I have a steam version Age of Empires II HD. Recently I installed Voobly + compatibility patch for AoC. There were no problems, I launched the game from Voobly and got normal system resolution: 2560x1440.

2. Today I decided to install the game again using the "AoE2 Tools" and faced a problem that the game, launched from Voobly, sets the resolution to weird 2048x1152. The option for launching the game in current resolution is ticked in Voobly. I have already tried different settings, but nothing helped so far. All I could do is to stretch the game to fullscreen mode with resolution 2048x1152. Strangely, launching the game from "AoE2 Tools" menu (the shield icon in the left top corner of the program) allows me to get normal 2560x1440.

I have a monitor AOC Q2577PWQ with resolution 2560x1440, OS Windows 10 x64 and Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 graphics card. Also have a second monitor ASUS VW225N (1680x1050), but it was switched off. Anyway, unplugging it from the graphics card and changing settings to display only one monitor didn't work either. Just want to report about this issue. Have a guess that this problem is somehow connected to the version of Age of Empires 2, which was converted from Steam HD edition via AoE2 Tools.

P. S. Of course, the game from Steam works fine with native resolution. Also, I saw a thread about issues with fog with the same resolution as mine: https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/300947. But I don't get any troubles with colours or shadows, so I doubt these problems are related to each other.
Attachments:
Screen resolution.jpg (file size: 109.5 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 LongStrider

Posted 13 March 2019 - 5:03 pm
It seems I've found a decent solution to my problem. :) In Voobly in Game settings -> Sreen resolution -> Command Bar Position I set "UserPatch". When I launched the game, it was fullscreen with normal resolution 2560x1440. I also found in-game settings for other resolutions, but it is better not to touch them, still switching 2560x1440 manualy somehow causes the game to stretch beyond the screen borders. But now I can at least play with the desired resolution.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts