Cannot launch multiplayer games

Porchetta

Edited 7 April 2019 - 10:26 pm by Porchetta
Hi guys, everytime i launch a multiplayer game the "setting up multiplayer games" - "unable to join" message appears.
This only happens when i host the game on multiplayer, it works fine (and i can play regularly) if i start at single player menu or if someone else hosts and launches the games.

What i tried so far: uninstalling and reinstalling age of empires (both the kings and the conquerors versions), uninstalling and reinstalling voobly, i configured a static IP, in the game room i flagged all the stuff as suggested from a screenshot linked by the tech support, i even disabled firewall and antivirus but nothing changed.
Also game diagnostics and network diagnostics give back no error message and i also i spoke with 4 guys from tech support (special thanks to raffaele_vtech for all the help) but we couldn't find anything to do about this...
Please give me some suggestions because i don't know what else to do.
Thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 7 April 2019 - 11:26 pm
hi
disabling the firewall doesnt always do the job. set voobly and the game as exceptions in the f/wall and then see. has your anti-virus got a firewall? are you using win defender or another f/wall? if another make sure defender is off.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Porchetta

Posted 8 April 2019 - 12:20 am
Yeah i forgot to say that i added voobly and and the game as exceptions in the firewall as well but it didn't do the job...
I turned off windows defender now and tried launching a game, still doesn't work.
How do i know if my antivirus got a firewall? I'm using Avast free antivirus
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 8 April 2019 - 2:44 pm
hi
i dont think avira free has a f/wall. just open the gui and you can check. you can add voobly/game to exceptions in it. menu then settings. or close the shields it used to stop it possibly blocking your connection.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Porchetta

Posted 8 April 2019 - 3:23 pm
Ok Avast doesn't have a firewall.
Now i have both Voobly and the Age of Empires path added as exceptions to both Avast and Windows Firewall, i tried to launch a game but still it doesn't work.

"or close the shields it used to stop it possibly blocking your connection"
I don't know what this actually means
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 8 April 2019 - 11:32 pm by kitt
hi
as you were ok previously, what changed recently on the pc?
open the avira gui, go to protection on the left. click core shields and disable. or as a test, uninstall avira as its free, reboot the pc and try.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Porchetta

Posted 9 April 2019 - 12:40 pm
kitt wrote:
hi
as you were ok previously, what changed recently on the pc?
open the avira gui, go to protection on the left. click core shields and disable. or as a test, uninstall avira as its free, reboot the pc and try.

I uninstalled Avast and also temporarily disabled Windows Firewall, then rebooted the PC, still i can't launch games (the same error appears).

If i remember correctly a couple of years ago the game was working just fine, then i changed PC (i now run Windows 10, previously Windows 7) and bought a new Age of Empires CD (i lost the previous one), this one also being the gold edition.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 9 April 2019 - 1:59 pm by kitt
hi
ok
reinstall avira and add the exceptions. show the game diagnostic here please. when you reinstalled aoc did you install 1c from your disc or let voobly do it?
you are on win10 or win 8?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Porchetta

Posted 9 April 2019 - 9:55 pm
kitt wrote:
hi
ok
reinstall avira and add the exceptions. show the game diagnostic here please. when you reinstalled aoc did you install 1c from your disc or let voobly do it?
you are on win10 or win 8?

I reinstalled Avast and added the exceptions. Still it doesn't work.
I attached 2 pictures with game diagnostics,

I installed the game via discs, i didn't let voobly do it.
i'm currently on Windows 10.
Attachments:

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 10 April 2019 - 2:35 pm
hi
looking at the above posts etc, you have done everything that was or would have been recommended and still no joy.
did this start immediately after getting your new pc/operating system?
a couple things to check:
open the router settings and make sure the router firewall is set to default and that upnp is off. apply/save.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Porchetta

Posted 11 April 2019 - 1:00 pm
kitt wrote:
hi
looking at the above posts etc, you have done everything that was or would have been recommended and still no joy.
did this start immediately after getting your new pc/operating system?
a couple things to check:
open the router settings and make sure the router firewall is set to default and that upnp is off. apply/save.

I actually think that this happened after i got my new pc set up...

I opened the router and the upnp was already off, as for the firewall i switched from on to off (no other choices available).
I tried also to disable the router firewall, Windows firewall and uninstall Avast. Still it doesn't work and the same error shows up...
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 11 April 2019 - 1:16 pm
hi
ok
reset the router firewall to default, apply/save and any pc/AV to allow the game/voobly. i would ask you to try something that may/not help.
uninstall the 1c patch. reboot the pc. log in to a voobly lobby and allow voobly to install the 1c patch. try.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Porchetta

Posted 11 April 2019 - 9:40 pm
kitt wrote:
hi
ok
reset the router firewall to default, apply/save and any pc/AV to allow the game/voobly. i would ask you to try something that may/not help.
uninstall the 1c patch. reboot the pc. log in to a voobly lobby and allow voobly to install the 1c patch. try.

I uninstalled the 1.0c mod from C/programs86/Microsoft Games/Age of Empires II/Voobly Mods/AOC/Data Mods, i didn't find the 1.0c patch in the same path above but with "Patches" at the end of it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 12 April 2019 - 3:22 pm
Hi there,

Please try the following suggestions:

1. Start Voobly and AOC as an administrator. (right click on exe --> Properties -->Compatibility tab)
2. Create a new windows user account (Control panel --> User accounts) and create a new administrator user.

If it still does not work, try running the game from Voobly with different patches (1.0c, 1.4, 1.5 Beta, 1.5RC, 1.5). See if you are able to reach the multiplayer settings window on any of these patches. Try atleast 3 times with each patch.

Finally if nothing works, use your mobile network to create a hotspot and try connecting to that network and test it again with all the patches.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Porchetta

Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:13 pm
+sunny@voobly wrote:
Hi there,

Please try the following suggestions:

1. Start Voobly and AOC as an administrator. (right click on exe --> Properties -->Compatibility tab)
2. Create a new windows user account (Control panel --> User accounts) and create a new administrator user.

If it still does not work, try running the game from Voobly with different patches (1.0c, 1.4, 1.5 Beta, 1.5RC, 1.5). See if you are able to reach the multiplayer settings window on any of these patches. Try atleast 3 times with each patch.

Finally if nothing works, use your mobile network to create a hotspot and try connecting to that network and test it again with all the patches.

I tried all of the solutions above, none of them worked out...

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 18 posts