Community Forums > Voobly General > General Discussion / Off Topic > Voobly needs an urgent overhaul

Voobly needs an urgent overhaul

Hank__Hill

Edited 10 April 2019 - 4:42 pm by Hank__Hill
Hey guys,

I've been on voobly for a couple years now and I've seen the number of active players drop month after month.

It is all about AOE, what all those empty lobbies are doing there? So many unnecessary stuff...

Players are leaving for this simple reason: the lack of active moderators is letting bad players do whatever they want ruining other's games.

By "bad players" I mean fake accounts, smurfs, trollers, etc.

It is the wild west. We have no moderation at all. Voobly cannot rely on users report as a form of moderation. Pathetic.

For example, I have reported lots of players that resign just before their team wins so they keep a low score. After some reports, a voobly moderator told me that reporting this score manipulation tactic no longer applies to RM/MS.

The ability for a person to have multiple accounts is killing voobly, really.

Anyways, it is perfectly doable. The dev team should work on it quickly or we will be seeng voobly gamers leaving it for the lack of moderation.

They key to success: 1 email + 1 pc = 1 account only
Link | Reply | Quote
 GirlsLikeMeMore

Posted 15 April 2019 - 9:25 pm
Shut your piehole.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Peaceful_Farmer

Posted 10 May 2019 - 4:10 am
Link | Reply | Quote
 Use_The_Lake

Posted 22 May 2019 - 11:18 pm
Oh look, another thread where someone draws attention to a major flaw of Voobly. Hardly surprisingly, it's been ignored. And I guarantee this thread will be locked in a few days.
Link | Reply | Quote
 honeyflap

Posted 3 June 2019 - 12:57 am
I just started playing on Voobly after a long break and I agree. The number of griefers has grown significantly since the last time I used Voobly a couple years ago. The AOC community on Voobly is clearly in its death throes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 host_is_noob

Edited 14 June 2019 - 10:04 am by host_is_noob
It seems Voobly doesn't care about its "code of conduct" much at all. About 95% of games I'm in players are insulting each others, quite a few players resign on purpose to maintain low ELO, etc. If they really cared about it, it could easily be automated (e.g. have a script check the game chat history for offensive language and mark them for review, or flag matches where a player of the winning team resigned, etc.). I don't know if they either lack the resources or the will to improve this issue.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 15 June 2019 - 2:37 am
It seems Voobly doesn't care about its "code of conduct" much at all. About 95% of games I'm in players are insulting each others, quite a few players resign on purpose to maintain low ELO, etc. If they really cared about it, it could easily be automated (e.g. have a script check the game chat history for offensive language and mark them for review, or flag matches where a player of the winning team resigned, etc.). I don't know if they either lack the resources or the will to improve this issue.

Hi.

Unfortunately we can't monitor any single game being played here, that's why there is a reporting system via forums. If you notice any violation or irregularity, feel free to post there :
https://www.voobly.com/forum/view/556

If you want to report anything related to ingame issues, feel free to choose the right section and create your thread : https://www.voobly.com/forum/view/571 . We'll be happy to assist.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]ExoloT

Posted 15 June 2019 - 3:03 pm

You know what the best part is. Players block you when they lose from you. They cant even take some criticism.. ****ing Pathetic. 11

I personally feel the ignore feature is abused by many of the crybabies. 11
Link | Reply | Quote
 prize

Edited 20 June 2019 - 12:52 pm by prize

i think this is more of a society related problem.
i always try to be an honorable player - and sometimes others are too :)

(scanning for game-rage is a not a good idea imho)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_XYZ_]Cyan_Alvein

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:06 am
You guys need to understand what "freedom of speech" and "basic right" means.
Link | Reply | Quote
 host_is_noob

Edited 19 June 2019 - 3:34 pm by host_is_noob
I know about the current system Hassan. My point was that various types of reporting could easily be automated through software. Another approach would be to have more severe punishment to compensate for the fact that the probability of getting "caught" is currently very low (as evidenced by the large amount of toxic players). Just an anecdote but I have reported a player in the past who would constantly call everyone "****s" and "mother****ers" and he is still active on voobly with that same account. You really don't have to look hard to find those kind of players, they are everywhere on Voobly (there's at least one in this very thread - hint: he complained about getting ignored by other players)...
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 19 June 2019 - 8:18 pm
Voobly needs to do it manual to have a reason for all those wonderful moderators
Link | Reply | Quote
 castledragon90

Edited 20 June 2019 - 12:44 am by castledragon90
I'm sorry but this is a no-brainer to me. This may be because I am a brand new Voobly member but as someone who has helped run quite a few forums and game hosting programs an automated anti-griefer system for quick-quit-elo players is easy af to impliment. Hell even CoH 2 has it and Relic is as bad as EA when it comes to customer satisfaction. I do always recommend the implimentation of such programs as someone who has had to deal with this **** in the past it's a lot easier to deal with the mishaps of a automated system than doing everything manually.
Link | Reply | Quote
 host_is_noob

Edited 20 June 2019 - 10:27 am by host_is_noob
I'm sorry but this is a no-brainer to me. This may be because I am a brand new Voobly member but as someone who has helped run quite a few forums and game hosting programs an automated anti-griefer system for quick-quit-elo players is easy af to impliment. Hell even CoH 2 has it and Relic is as bad as EA when it comes to customer satisfaction. I do always recommend the implimentation of such programs as someone who has had to deal with this **** in the past it's a lot easier to deal with the mishaps of a automated system than doing everything manually.

Completely agree. An automated system could do the bulk of the work and moderators could correct mistakes instead of the other way around (I would volunteer to program that system though I doubt Voobly will take up my offer!).

When I think of Voobly I'm reminded of the [You must login to view link]. Even normally polite people end up being toxic here because being respectable in a toxic environment kind of puts you at a disadvantage. The toxicity is contagious. I've been guilty of that as well although I try my best to keep myself in check.

It seems right now about half the players would get suspended if rules were strictly enforced. But with time, the word would get around and players would adapt their behavior.

There could even be a game room just for those players (if they don't mind each other's company) - everyone happy! Personally, I'm on Voobly to enjoy my time and would rather play with other mature players who understand and respect sportsmanship.
Link | Reply | Quote
 DoobieWonder

Posted 21 June 2019 - 7:02 pm
The Voobly community is growing, with that you get a growing number of players of ALL types. Take the good with the bad, voobly mods have always been helpful to me when I needed them.
Go back to steam, then youll appreciate what you have here.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 16 posts