Trouble with Symmatric NAT

lappaduch

Posted 10 April 2019 - 8:42 pm
Hello,
I have been unfortunate to have this type of router. I followed various guides on voobly and did not succeed so far. First problem arised when I tried to set private IP, my DNS Servers didnt appear in cmd, but they were in my router (192.168.0.1), so I am not sure, if those are correct numbers. The thing is, when I set my private IP, my internet stopped working so I doubt it was correct.
I am using AC1200 TP-Link. This router does not have specifically named Port Forwarding section, the closes there is are Virtual server (which [You must login to view link] recommends), Port Triggering and upnp. I tried setting the port in all of them, yet it I still have problems connecting to other people.
Thanks in advance
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 10 April 2019 - 11:42 pm
hi
ok
forget the static ip. reset that to auto. [https://www.voobly.com/pages/view/134 dhcp]
open the router dhcp page and find your pc ip, then reserve it in the dhcp reservation option. apply/save
vitual server is the option to use. remove any entries you put in port triggering etc. apply/save.
turn off upnp.apply/save
this is set up for that router but use only port 16000udp: [You must login to view link]
apply/save after setting.
use this free app to test if the port is open : [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 lappaduch

Posted 11 April 2019 - 1:14 am
Hello again, thanks for fast reply, I have done everything you said, but port forward tool still says my port is locked. I attach screenshots

You must login into Voobly to view image

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 11 April 2019 - 1:08 pm
hi
ok
retest using the diagnostic from options at the top of a lobby.
things to check:
re-check 192.167.0.147 is still your private pc ip. check your firewall did not stop that app working and that it allows voobly and the game through. do the same for any anti-virus app you have. make sure you only have one firewall and anti-virus operational.
re-check the router settings for any entry other than the one in virtual server. [no dmz, port trigger etc] make sure upnp is off.
if all that is ok, reboot the router and then see.

i am assuming this tplink is a modem and router combined and you have no other box on the home system?
Link | Reply | Quote
 lappaduch

Posted 11 April 2019 - 4:36 pm
Hello,
I did and rechecked all the things you have mentioned, but it still does not work :(. And yes, I have only one box at home.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 11 April 2019 - 5:28 pm
Quote:
retest using the diagnostic from options at the top of a lobby.
hi
ok
what is the pc firewall and anti-virus? do you only have one pc f/wall? is voobly and the game allowed through?
do you know if your package with your isp is a carrier grade ip? [means that net ip is used by many other people]
Link | Reply | Quote
 lappaduch

Posted 11 April 2019 - 7:42 pm
I have only windows defender, which I think includes the native firewall. Regarding your second question, I am not sure about the answer, but I use small ISP, which probably puts us in a same network
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:14 pm
hi
yes it is a f/wall and anti-virus. i assume voobly/game are allowed through?
https://aoc.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1035+How+to+configure+Windows+Firewall+to+play+on+Voobly
if your on a shared net ip then the isp can open that port to your pc. may be worth a call.
Link | Reply | Quote
 lappaduch

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:42 pm
I have opened ports on firewall, but I guess I will have to call my ISP and sort it out with them. Thanks for your help so far, I will be able to give further development tomorrow. I am just not really sure what to ask them, so if you could specify that.
Link | Reply | Quote
 facedlongbow

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:23 am
hi
ask them if you are a shared net ip and if so open port 16000udp to your pc.
Link | Reply | Quote
 lappaduch

Posted 12 April 2019 - 2:02 pm
hey guys, thanks for all your help up to. So yeah, it basically all boils down to the ISP assigning me shared net ip, which according to them means, that approx. 200 other people might be using it at the same time. They cannot open the port, and in order to do that I need upgrade my tariff to a more expensive one so I can have static dedicated IP with which I can personally open ports etc. I am not sure if I really want to pay extra money, so I would like to close down this thread. Thanks again and if in the future I decide to upgrade it and there will be still problems. I will post and update.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 12 April 2019 - 2:51 pm
hi
ok
they can open the port if they want to. change isp!
one way to get a result would be to say you need it open for a security camera.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 12 out of 12 posts