Any tips on using Voobly in China?

TheVirep

Posted 5 May 2019 - 11:35 am
I am getting a lot of random fast proxy issues. Using Shadowsocks has solved a lot of issues but it's still pretty unstable (I often become fast proxy in the middle of a game). I was wondering what do the other Chinese players use to play here... I know there's [You must login to view link] but I'd rather keep playing here if possible.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ayayay

Posted 6 May 2019 - 12:46 pm
a good VPN should do the trick. I can recommend TunnelBear
Link | Reply | Quote
 TheVirep

Posted 6 May 2019 - 4:22 pm
Have you used it inside China? Most commercial VPN providers are blocked (or unstable) in China.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 9 May 2019 - 9:07 am
It depends on where you live on China mainland. Most VPNs are blocked unfortunately or incredibly slow, which is caused by the great firewall of China.

One of our Chinese staff, who is also in charge of Voobly China should be able to assist.
https://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123835916
Link | Reply | Quote
 HyperMelon

Edited 9 May 2019 - 10:53 pm by HyperMelon
Does vbcn still work now?
Link | Reply | Quote
 MMO_Executioner

Posted 10 May 2019 - 1:02 pm
I thought you get tossed in prison for playing age of empires on Voobly in China.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 May 2019 - 9:03 am
HyperMelon wrote:
Does vbcn still work now?

[You must login to view link]

It's not up to date with User Patch 1.5 though.
Link | Reply | Quote
 TheVirep

Edited 14 May 2019 - 6:51 am by TheVirep
So I investigated the problem a bit and realized that my ISP (Topway) was giving my router a private IP address [You must login to view link]. So I went and signed up for China Telecom and made sure with the guy I wouldn't get a shared IP address. The guy came to set it up today and sure enough, I'm also getting a shared IP address behind NAT (guess that sales guy didn't understand what I was asking).

It turns out China is running out of IPV4 addresses and most residential connections are now behind NAT ([You must login to view link] it costs 2000 RMB per month to get a public IPv4 address).

After all this, I still don't know if the issue would be solved by having a public IPv4 address or if I'd still get fast proxy issues due to the great firewall...

Dad gum
Link | Reply | Quote
 TheVirep

Posted 14 May 2019 - 8:46 am
So the China telecom came to my home and he said he would be able to get me my own public IP address by tomorrow (for free)... My hope isn't that high but there's hope 11
Link | Reply | Quote
 _TheYo_

Posted 16 May 2019 - 3:35 pm
use this [You must login to view link] VPN software , around 6$ per month

select 帝国时代3 and go , problem solved
Link | Reply | Quote
 phat_nice

Edited 18 May 2019 - 8:41 pm by phat_nice
I used to play without VPN on CT but had to configure the UPNP on my archer C2 (i asked for admin login for the CT router) it worked pretty well, sometimes but rarely FP. You could also try the chinese voobly for RM games, there are good players there.

The GW has nothing to do with you being FP
Link | Reply | Quote
 melaniestaines

Edited 18 May 2021 - 7:34 am by melaniestaines
I would not suggest you to go with free VPNs, you should use PureVPN because it has a reputable name in the VPN industry providing [You must login to view link]. I have been using it for a long time and playing games on Voobly. It provides fastest speed as compared to other VPNs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 melaniestaines

Edited 23 September 2019 - 10:27 pm by melaniestaines
Also check this article and read out some [You must login to view link]
Code:
https://rivipedia.com/best-vpn-for-china/

Read out the real user reviews on which vpn they are using to run voobly.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 13 out of 13 posts