Trying to start a game breaks my internet connection

juakofz

Posted 27 June 2019 - 10:35 pm
So... this is a weird one. I'll try to summarize it.

I was using a regular wifi connection to my router to play the game, but it sucks. Game runs fine but have too much lag. Network setup is all good, it's just that the wifi is slow in my room. So I am now using a Devolo device to generate a new wifi network from inside my room.

New wifi runs great, 10 times better. But now, when I try to launch a game, two things happen. First, the game won't launch. It just doesn't, no error, no nothing. And second, the connection stops working. My computer is still connected to the network, but with no access to the Internet. Then Voobly loses connection, obviously. I can use it from my phone and works all right. I can still connect to the old wifi network, and it also works (although it's slow, as always).

I am very confused. Any ideas?
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 28 June 2019 - 1:06 pm
Hi.

Please provide us :

-The network diagnostics (go to your lobby -> Options -> Network Diagnostics -> Begin Scan)
-The firewall configuration (if you did allow or not Voobly/Age of Empires)
-The router configuration
-the IPCONFIG (press Windows key +R -> type "cmd", then ok -> type "ipconfig all" . Of course without ")
Link | Reply | Quote
 juakofz

Edited 29 June 2019 - 12:39 pm by juakofz
Network diagnostics: using port 16000, all passed ([You must login to view link])
Firewall config: voobly allowed, inbound and outbound rules
Router configuration: port 16000 forwarded for 192.168.1.111
ipconfig: [You must login to view link]

Thank you!

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts