linux & ubuntu

Alien

Edited 23 October 2019 - 7:56 pm by Alien
hey guys i cant install voobly on linux mint with 64bit
it works only on 32 bit

mabey someone can help me ? and tell me how to intall it?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]Mice_Tefance

Posted 30 October 2019 - 8:39 pm
I used Wine(Wine is not an emulator) to do so. Wine 3.0 should not have any problems. On older versions you needed to use wine staging.

If Wine does not work, use more wine or perhaps winetricks could be useful as well.

If you don´t know wine, visit WineHQ at [You must login to view link] and you should be fine.

Launching the voobly with an terminal might be useful to see if you get some error messages. I have never had any mayor problems with launching voobly with wine, so I expected you to be new to linux and if you are not then you should know that this isn´t the exact place for linux questions. Anyway, please specify on what programs you use to launch a particular window executable(in this case voobly.exe or setup.exe).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Wally]ArcherHombre

Posted 1 January 2020 - 8:57 pm
You need to install the 32-bit wine, that is winehq-staging:i386.

You need to add the i386 architecture to dpkg, which is the package manager underlying apt and apt-get and synaptic.
Code:
dpkg --add-architecture i386 # needed for winehq.org packages wget -nc https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/Release.key apt-key add Release.key && /bin/rm -f Release.key echo "deb https://dl.winehq.org/wine-builds/ubuntu/ xenial main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/winehq.list apt-get update apt-get install -y winehq-staging winetricks
And that is based on Linux Mint being based on Ubuntu Xenial (16.04). Please make sure you know which Ubuntu base your Linux Mint version is based on.

Make sure you install directplay as well.
Code:
winetricks -q directplay

And then make your shortcut to voobly includes the staging parameter:
Code:
env WINEPREFIX=${HOME}/.wine STAGING_WRITECOPY=1 /usr/bin/wine C:\\\\Program\\ Files\\\\Voobly\\\\voobly.exe
Link | Reply | Quote
 Alien

Posted 2 January 2020 - 3:17 am
thank u guys

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts