Really not understanding AGE3

Inotamira

Edited 26 October 2019 - 12:37 am by Inotamira
So, here's what I'm trying to do. There are two mods I'm trying to combine, as well as add onto. The mods in questions are

Septenvigintuple(27x) Tech Mod
Ulimited Resources
Add Gillnets to the base AOE2HD game, since they seem to not be there for some reason (or I can't find them in AGE3 for whatever reason)
Then add my own Effect and Tech, called "Swift worker" which adds in the Feudal Age to the Town Center, the "Swift Worker" tech, which should allow Villagers to gather materials twice as fast, seeing as I can't seem to specifically target those gathering food, I.E. Farmers, Foragers, and Shepards, as the food gathering process is the only thing I can't pump into hyper speed like everything else with these mods.

So far, I've been able to combine the Unlimited Resources and Septenvigintupler mods no problem, except it comes out as the wrong type of mod (Has a scroll and can ONLY be used in single player for whatever reason, as far as I can tell, means it's not registering as a data mod.)

When I add Swift Worker, it's just no where to be found, and no matter where I put the button, it doesn't show up. I'm using Icon 56 for it, as it seemed appropriate. Adding Gillnets manually, just kills the dock and it can no longer be placed, and I don't understand why or how.

Any assistance would be nice, as with just the two mods combined, it's absolute chaos to play in the best way, but the two additions I'm trying to add would make it completely nuts and super fast paced, which is what I'm trying to achieve.

Edit: Okay, so I worked more or less backwards, going with a 256x mod that had everything else I wanted, meaning the only thing left really is trying to figure out how to add the new tech I want to add. From what I can tell, my problem is I don't understand how to add the description for it properly, as it'll need one to function. I've tried reading the documentation on how to handle the Language files, and frankly they make no sense.

Edit 2: I have the button working, but as I was afraid, I'm not sure what exactly to modify to speed up berry bush picking and farm collection. If left as simply a blanket "work speed" modifier, it breaks basically everything really quickly. I also still have the problem of it not having any proper description and still don't know how to correct for this.

Edit 3: okay, I managed to get everything working except the description, which only half works now in AGE.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 26 October 2019 - 11:06 am by [MM]Gallas
hi Inotamira,

Let me try to answer your problems:
Inotamira wrote:
tech, which should allow Villagers to gather materials twice as fast, seeing as I can't seem to specifically target those gathering food, I.E. Farmers, Foragers, and Shepards, as the food gathering process is the only thing I can't pump into hyper speed like everything else with these mods.
Change "working rate" (attribute 13) not movement speed.
Inotamira wrote:
So far, I've been able to combine the Unlimited Resources and Septenvigintupler mods no problem, except it comes out as the wrong type of mod (Has a scroll and can ONLY be used in single player for whatever reason, as far as I can tell, means it's not registering as a data mod.)
Make sure your folder structure is correct. Best to check, how it resembles other, working mods.
Inotamira wrote:
When I add Swift Worker, it's just no where to be found, and no matter where I put the button, it doesn't show up. I'm using Icon 56 for it, as it seemed appropriate. Adding Gillnets manually, just kills the dock and it can no longer be placed, and I don't understand why or how.
Try to not make from 0 your tech. Copy paste a working one and just change the button number. Then what it cost, what it do, step by step to see what is the moment when it's not doing what you expect.
Inotamira wrote:
my problem is I don't understand how to add the description for it properly, as it'll need one to function. I've tried reading the documentation on how to handle the Language files, and frankly they make no sense.
Indeed, lang texts are a bit over-complexed. Just as said before, check how working mods do and try to make same by your own, then do changes one by one and once it's wrong just revert it back. You NOT do the text editing in the AGE3, you just adjust the line number there. Your text lines are in an other file (langage.ini)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Inotamira

Edited 26 October 2019 - 12:42 pm by Inotamira
[You must login to view link] here's the mod, I got it all to work, but the correct method of doing it just isn't working for me, so went with a jankier method for the time being.

Setting straight work pace doesn't work, but I found a modifier for food gathering that fit my purposes perfectly. Feel free to download the mod and review but, it's command type 6, resource 190, this ONLY effects the food gathering and doesn't break anything else like the blanket work pace does when it starts stacking with everything else.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts