Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Client and Website related Problems and Questions > AoM Titans Shows 0.0.0.0 As External IP In Game Room (Voobly Over WINE

AoM Titans Shows 0.0.0.0 As External IP In Game Room (Voobly Over WINE

0x01h

Edited 30 November 2019 - 9:22 am by 0x01h
Hello,

I am using Manjaro (arch based Linux OS) as my main OS. I've installed WINE and fixed some graphical issues while editing gfxconfig2 folder, also installed Voobly and patched it successfully. Everything works perfect except playing multiplayer in Voobly.

When I host a game, it shows 0.0.0.0 as my external IP and another player cannot join.
When I'm not host of the game, I am able to see host's name in game rooms list, when I click "join" button it stucks at "attempting connection..." stage.

Due to my ISP, I cannot forward my 16000 port, but without forwarding port I was able to play games on VMs like VirtualBox.

How can I solve this problem?
Link | Reply | Quote
 finally_free_

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:27 am
Hi mate,

I'm not sure what edition you have of the game, but if you own the "Extended Edition" from Steam it wont work on Voobly because it's not supported.

If you own the "Old" version, it's supported and it will work.

About your issue, make sure you have the lastest Wine version installed and type this command in the Terminal:
Code:
$ wget http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/winetricks $ sh winetricks directplay

Let me know later :)

Link | Reply | Quote
 0x01h

Posted 30 November 2019 - 5:44 pm
Hi mate,

I'm not sure what edition you have of the game, but if you own the "Extended Edition" from Steam it wont work on Voobly because it's not supported.

If you own the "Old" version, it's supported and it will work.

About your issue, make sure you have the lastest Wine version installed and type this command in the Terminal:
Code:
$ wget http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/winetricks $ sh winetricks directplay

Let me know later :)

Hi,

I'm using AoT v1.0.3, Voobly patches v3.0 succesfully, there is nothing wrong about versions or gameplay except playing multiplayer on Voobly. Problem still exists, and Voobly assigns me "0.0.0.0" IP... :'(
I think there is some problem about Voobly NAT DLLs, do you guys have any solution?
Link | Reply | Quote
 finally_free_

Edited 4 December 2019 - 9:51 am by finally_free_
Hi again mate,

Before jumping to conclusions, first you should try what i have suggested above and see if it works, run this commands by using the Linux Terminal,

This command will download Winetricks if you don't have it, for example the format will be like this:
Code:
raffaele-MacBook-Air:~ raffaele$ wget http://winezeug.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/winetricks

This command will use Winetricks to install the Direct Play, the format will be like this:
Code:
raffaele-MacBook-Air:~ raffaele$ sh winetricks directplay

I had this issue in the past with one of my Linux machines,

After trying this steps, let me know if still you will get the issue.

[Thread Closed]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts