Age HD

Tongo

Posted 12 December 2019 - 5:11 pm
Hey,

I've been playing AOC for years here, and last year I bought the HD version on Steam, everything went fine, I didn't have to run any compatibility patch, and no problem.
This week, I bought a new PC, and went to Steam to download evertyhing again. And, when I entered voobly, this message appeared (File 1). Then, I installed the pack, I followed the instructions, and nothing happened, the same message on the lobby.
If I try to enter any game, Error Code 500000000 appears. What can I do? I appreciate any help :(
Attachments:
1.png (file size: 23.51 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Tongo

Posted 12 December 2019 - 6:30 pm
Just another piece of information.
After clicking YES (File 1 - Do you want Voobly to fix this problem for you?"), the second message appears (File 2), saying that everything is ok. But if I scan again, the first message comes back, in an infinite loop. And if I manually download and install the patch, nothing changes.
Attachments:
1.png (file size: 23.51 KB)
2.png (file size: 20.9 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Kicking

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:04 am
Please follow this guide step by step: [You must login to view link].

Tell me how it went.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Tongo

Posted 13 December 2019 - 1:59 am
Thanks for the reply.

I had already seen that link, I did exactly that (I'll try it again tomorrow, but I'm afraid the same thing will happen). And my computer is completely brand new, I bought it, and installed Age the first thing, so there is no previous mods, files, anything.

The first steps were ok.
Here "The compatibility patch will now download in the background. You should see the following window below. Click Next." it began to be different, nothing went automatically, I had to downloaded myself (no problem, just saying).
And of course, the last step was different as well. The game diagonostics don't change, before and after installing the compatible patch, they are the same.

When I bought this new computer, my concern was "I hope age runs well". This game has a life of its own, I always need to pray for things to go well when something is changed in the pc. Any other idea? Thanks AGAIN for the help.

Link | Reply | Quote
 Kicking

Edited 13 December 2019 - 3:37 am by Kicking
Check you are installing the compatibility patch in the same path as your AOE2HD folder.

--

Search if there's any "New Folder" in your AOE2HD path. If you have any, that folder should contain files that must be in your main path.

--

Check your firewall/antivirus has Voobly in their allowed programs. To do this, you need to go to the "exceptions list"

--

Feel free to join the Help Room so we can test a few things :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Tongo

Posted 13 December 2019 - 7:13 pm
Hey!
Check you are installing the compatibility patch in the same path as your AOE2HD folder.
Yes it is (File 3).

Search if there's any "New Folder" in your AOE2HD path. If you have any, that folder should contain files that must be in your main path.
File 3 is correct, right?

Check your firewall/antivirus has Voobly in their allowed programs. To do this, you need to go to the "exceptions list"
The exceptions were ON, but I will try to install everything again with the firewall off.

One detail that may have something to do with it:
When I click to install the compatibility patch, this is the first message I get (File 4). Then I click OK, and the installation process starts, asking the folder, etc, as if the message (File 4) was nothing.

Thanks again for your divine help.
Attachments:
3.png (file size: 36.75 KB)
4.png (file size: 3.86 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Tongo

Edited 15 December 2019 - 4:31 am by Tongo
Yeh,
I installed everything again, exactly how it is instructed, and... It seems Voobly doesn't detect the HD version, and the diagnostics say I don't have it and I should download it again :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 15 December 2019 - 10:43 pm
Make sure the files of the compatibility patch are placed directly inside the Age2HD folder, not in a subfolder (like the "New Folder" seen in the screenshot you posted)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Tongo

Posted 16 December 2019 - 11:12 pm
Maaaan, that was exactly the problem! :D
Weird, the installation was creating this new folder automatically.
Now I will try to install Wololo (God willing), and later the Age DE (God willing 2)

By the way, how is the situation regarding Voobly and Multiplayer inside Age DE? Are people divided, half here half there? Will there be a kind of fusion?

Thaaaaanks again, thanks so much!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 December 2019 - 3:59 pm
You are welcome :)

Thread locked.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts