Can´t join to 2 lobbys

_cReAtUrE_fEaR

Edited 24 December 2019 - 1:55 pm by _cReAtUrE_fEaR
Hi all,

I just came back to voobly since yesterday and I got some problems.

I can not connect / join to the lobby Medival Siege and New Player Lobby (my Rating is 1162). All other Lobbys I can join but there are no games which are interesting. In the other Lobbys I can also host a game without any problems.

What is the problem? I thought maybe the Lobby is full but also today in the morning (Medieval Siege 510 users and New Player Lobby 100 users) I can not join both Lobbys. All other does work without any problems.

What can I do?

Thanks for any help.
Attachments:
Medieval Siege.jpg (file size: 228.55 KB)
NPL.jpg (file size: 271.83 KB)
Custom Scenario.jpg (file size: 246.06 KB)
Screenshot Network.jpg (file size: 181.03 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 24 December 2019 - 6:11 pm
Thank you for using Voobly Technical Support forum.

It sounds like a permission issue. Please exclude the Voobly folder from real time scanning in your antivirus and enable Voobly through your firewall settings.

Let us know how it went.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _cReAtUrE_fEaR

Edited 24 December 2019 - 11:57 pm by _cReAtUrE_fEaR
Hi Eric,

thanks for your reply.

I have no antivirus installed. I also changed the settings in the Windows firewall and allowed Voobly private and public access. For testing I also stopped the firewall. But the problem does also exist.

I´m using a FritzBox 7430 and I did a firmware update and set the port forwarding (UDP 16000), but the problem is not solved.

What can I do? Any ideas?

For a last test I tried to connect to the lobby with tethering with my mobile phone and mobile network. With this setting I could join the new player lobby but not Medieval Siege. Over my normal internet at home there is no connection possible to new player lobby and medieval siege.
What does this mean?

Best regards and many thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _cReAtUrE_fEaR

Posted 25 December 2019 - 12:08 pm
Hi again,

I did a 2nd test and set the NAT Traversal in the Voobly settings to 2310 and did the port forwarding UDP 2300--2400 as recommended: https://www.voobly.com/pages/view/nat (topic Port forwarding).

Now I can join the New Player Lobby but I still can not join Medieval Siege.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 25 December 2019 - 1:16 pm
Quote:
Since 2017, 1&1 uses DS-Lite (instead of Dual Stack) for its IPv4. This causes some IPv4 devices/programs to not be able to function properly (like Voobly).

The solution is to set up the appropriate NAT configuration (UDP Port 16000), and then call the ISP (1&1) and ask them to disable DS-Lite, which should be done in a couple of workdays. They sent me a confirmation that it was done, but I had to ask them again for it to work properly. After that, all was good and Voobly is now functioning without problems.

Keywords: port forwarding, 1und1, 1 und 1, 1&1, Versatel, Fritz, Fritzbox, Fritz-box

I would recommend trying the above and report to us afterwards with an update.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts