Toxic Players (most of us)

[xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 23 January 2020 - 3:24 pm
@OP

The voobly forums unfortunately is filled with too many toxic players so you won't get a valid answer here. Sorry you had to deal with trolls with minimal staff who do not moderate forums anymore when this topic is an ongoing issue.

ok
Link | Reply | Quote
 Valkyria7

Posted 23 January 2020 - 5:25 pm
Hi,

I might be a bit late and only read the first two pages of this thread, so see this morely as an answer to the starting post, somehow detached from the ongoing discussion.

First I would like to say that the word "toxic" sounds a bit overdramatic and intense for me. I would call what you describe "flaming" or "beeing unfriendly".
I don't know about the definitions but for me toxic is more a long term thing regarding "climate" at a place/group or in a relationship.

Also I have the impressions that a few other here are over-dramatising, just because somebody is raging or flaming, he has not "lost total control",
it's still someone sitting at a computer and typing stuff, it's only words not "extreme violence".

So after these 2 thoughts, now me opinion, I do not think flaming and raging is that much of a problem, it's how the internet works. When some guy
loses and gets angry it usually makes me smile. Usually there is this threshold and over this threshold I do not take agressive words very seriously. It can be
unpleasent in team games, when your ally is half-helpfull and half unfriendly and you don't know how serious to take him.

But still all these things are minor anoyances, there are way worse things that can happen in AOC:
  • Allies leaving in the middle of the game,
  • Over pushy and bossy allies that, think they know all and command everybody around
  • Unreliable people, for example saying they will wall in the middle on black forest and then don't....

So in my opinion, it's just words, and it's the internet, don't take it so serious, you can't (and shouldn't) suppress negative emotion everywhere
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Posted 23 January 2020 - 5:42 pm
Valkyria7 wrote:
Hi,

I might be a bit late and only read the first two pages of this thread, so see this morely as an answer to the starting post, somehow detached from the ongoing discussion.

First I would like to say that the word "toxic" sounds a bit overdramatic and intense for me. I would call what you describe "flaming" or "beeing unfriendly".
I don't know about the definitions but for me toxic is more a long term thing regarding "climate" at a place/group or in a relationship.

Also I have the impressions that a few other here are over-dramatising, just because somebody is raging or flaming, he has not "lost total control",
it's still someone sitting at a computer and typing stuff, it's only words not "extreme violence".

So after these 2 thoughts, now me opinion, I do not think flaming and raging is that much of a problem, it's how the internet works. When some guy
loses and gets angry it usually makes me smile. Usually there is this threshold and over this threshold I do not take agressive words very seriously. It can be
unpleasent in team games, when your ally is half-helpfull and half unfriendly and you don't know how serious to take him.

But still all these things are minor anoyances, there are way worse things that can happen in AOC:
  • Over pushy and bossy allies that, think they know all and command everybody around
  • Unreliable people, for example saying they will wall in the middle on black forest and then don't....

So in my opinion, it's just words, and it's the internet, don't take it so serious, you can't (and shouldn't) suppress negative emotion everywhere

We love triers though!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Tongo

Posted 23 January 2020 - 6:35 pm
I never read any offense because im too deep into playing and many times i never read any message not even from my own team, just watch flare signs and thats it lol

So i remain uninfected, possibly ive seen a very polite behaviour at npl, this post is probably related to MS

I'm terrible at TG because of that, I can't pay attention, 11. But the offenses come AFTER the game, when the player resign and can't deal with the loss.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Tongo

Edited 23 January 2020 - 9:27 pm by Tongo
Valkyria7 wrote:
Hi,

I used the word toxic because... English is not my native language, I didn't even know the word 'flaming' before this topic 11.
But nobody said that a guy at the end of the game saying "NOOB, FU ****" is the worst thing in the world, or it is something that annoys a lot, or the police should be called. I just stated that this behavior is pathetic, and it shows a little of the sad personality of the players, and society itself. But, like I said, it doesn't affect the game, fortunately 11.

Not only does the choise of Presidents show the direction of moral, but also small things like those mentioned here (11)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]RedRuM__

Edited 23 January 2020 - 7:40 pm by [Eot_]RedRuM__
Trolling was funny like 3 years ago. It just gets weirder and weirder as we age lol. I really cringe when I see people 28+ still trolling, but I understand some guys in CS are very young. I can't really say much to them because I was probably worse than them back in the day.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [UDIE]matrix2596

Posted 23 January 2020 - 9:35 pm
ya i also found this a lot these days ... dunno why
Link | Reply | Quote
 [UDIE]matrix2596

Posted 23 January 2020 - 9:35 pm
always blames on other team mates especially in team games
Link | Reply | Quote
 asd12322

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:31 pm
stop being a noob then
Link | Reply | Quote
 23985tv3y2489

Posted 24 January 2020 - 5:16 pm
Tongo wrote:
I'm terrible at TG because of that, I can't pay attention, 11. But the offenses come AFTER the game, when the player resign and can't deal with the loss.

I used to be a spectator and I saw countless times allies arguing for ridiculous details, usually when that happens their team loses and then the lobby explodes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 24 January 2020 - 5:44 pm
why are you so trash
Link | Reply | Quote
 Humphrey_

Posted 25 January 2020 - 8:45 pm
lmfao
Link | Reply | Quote
 asd12322

Edited 26 January 2020 - 12:35 am by asd12322
Tongo wrote:
I used the word toxic because... English is not my native language, I didn't even know the word 'flaming' before this topic 11.
But nobody said that a guy at the end of the game saying "NOOB, FU ****" is the worst thing in the world, or it is something that annoys a lot, or the police should be called. I just stated that this behavior is pathetic, and it shows a little of the sad personality of the players, and society itself. But, like I said, it doesn't affect the game, fortunately 11.

Not only does the choise of Presidents show the direction of moral, but also small things like those mentioned here (11)

There are few things you should consider:

- you can mute everyone in-game
- you can use friends-only messenger

And, if you are legit good theres noone who will tell you a single word about what should you do, or even make up excuses of why they lost, maybe they take it as a shame lost since who you are for them, and by them i mean most people you play vs according how you talk about it in an arrogant way lol.

Think about it, so maybe u can realise why people rages at you and not at viper when they lose vs you/him
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]core_1

Posted 26 January 2020 - 12:40 am
asd12322 wrote:

And, if you are legit good theres noone who will tell you a single word about what should you do, or even make up excuses of why they lost, maybe they take it as a shame lost since who you are for them, and by them i mean most people you play vs according how you talk about it in an arrogant way lol.

Think about it, so maybe u can realise why people rages at you and not at viper when they lose vs you/him

Alone wrote all that ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]PLO_Style

Posted 26 January 2020 - 2:34 am
asd12322 wrote:

111 alone wrote all that? Clown

Link | Reply | Quote
1234[5]6
Displaying 61 - 75 out of 85 posts