AOK Tournament?

Poll: AOK Tournament
Yes
No
 jNk

Posted 1 April 2020 - 10:52 am
there's no way that Aok > Aoc, actually you said that because you cant leave it from the bottom of ur heart maybe, some melancholy too but being real Aoc by far better at every aspect.
Not true, aoc is largely better, but there are aspects where aok is better.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Scalonicese

Posted 1 April 2020 - 11:06 am
which ones? idk from what i see if we take a example a map > Grave bloods i'd note that you can stack units easier without problem but seems that this map didn't had many triggers and never even need a single fix :P

but Aoc improved plenty much stuffs better and made it more enjoyable with news civs/units triggers and many news stuff than aok didn't so still better anyways ;1thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Me_]Zanchy____

Edited 1 April 2020 - 11:18 am by [Me_]Zanchy____
It comes down to opinion lol, there isn't any valid way of determining (at least empirically) which is better.

However, the closest we have is success. By success I mean sales, continued use/playing, legacy, awards etc. I don't have the numbers but I think we can all agree AoC is likely leagues ahead of AoK when we look at those parameters!

I've played AoE (1), rise of rome, AoK, AoC, AoC HD, AoC DE, AoM, AoE 3 + some expansions, and in my opinion anyway, AoC standard game is on another level to even the HD/DE.
Link | Reply | Quote
 jNk

Edited 1 April 2020 - 11:32 am by jNk
which ones? idk from what i see if we take a example a map > Grave bloods i'd note that you can stack units easier without problem but seems that this map didn't had many triggers and never even need a single fix :P

but Aoc improved plenty much stuffs better and made it more enjoyable with news civs/units triggers and many news stuff than aok didn't so still better anyways ;1thumbup
The patrol. Aok's patrol is very different, much more immediate and gives you more control over your units. This is why aok maps look so different to aoc maps and a lot of them don't work in aoc, because they are heavily focused on the way the patrol works.

Dunno what grave has to do with anything - it's not an aok map and never was. If you wan't to compare to aok maps, compare to stuff like nova blood, bsb, fest2, ab... all of these work better, or at least very differently in aok.

Aoc is better in most ways, but the patrol is the reason a lot of aok CSers never moved to aoc.

And gary, i don't think anyone's claiming aok is outright better, i'm simply refuting the claim aoc is better in every way. There is an area where aok is at least 'different' and many who've spent a lot of time on both think is better, which is the patrol. Of course it's not an objective metric, but it is the major area of difference for cs, and is the reason most guys who never moved to aoc will give you for staying in aok. I personally preferred scenarios in aok, and if it were still alive with good players i'd be playing bloods in aok, and not aoc.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 1 April 2020 - 2:46 pm
Converting heros is a big advantage in aok
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]_Lost

Posted 2 April 2020 - 6:26 am
The tournament for random map not cs...
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']koandcul1

Posted 3 April 2020 - 2:37 pm
AOK had different game mechanics.

While aoc has reasonable features like No Lazy Vills after building mining camp and other drop res building, more techs, more units, AOK can be fun when seeing your enemy having idle vills everywhere

;farmer
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ

Posted 10 May 2020 - 11:26 am
Lets make cba alive again in aok

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 23 out of 23 posts