Community Forums > Voobly Community > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > older player coming back, what does everyone play

older player coming back, what does everyone play

superold

Posted 27 March 2020 - 8:45 pm
So I found out that DE came out and watched some pros play that, it seems like the game fixed some of the inherent multiplayer issues which makes certain starts/units more viable and decided I would come back to play. I used to be a "pro" way back in the early 2000s, havent really touched the came except once in the past 15 years or so...
I purchased DE, launched it, set up my hotkeys, only to find I cant really join any multiplayer lobbies in non rated. must be some technical glitch but then I noticed that really there are very few matches being played.
I went to voobly thinking thats where everything is at only to find out that it does not support DE....
SO - is everyone playing plain old AOC? or is it HD?
What game should I be playing? no real interest in 1v1 rated, I'm too old and slow
Sorry if these questions sound dumb but help a brother out, I would think everyone would be rushing to play DE as it seems like a real improvement atleast engine-wise and lag wise
Link | Reply | Quote
 llama_domestica

Posted 3 April 2020 - 4:13 am

You need to install all the updates to see more matches, otherwise you will only see those with the same version as you. Anyway, there are still a lot of people like us who like the old AoC and its community.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts