Game changes from CD 1.5 to CD 1.0c

VjezeVjezeFur

Edited 6 April 2020 - 10:48 pm by VjezeVjezeFur
Dear reader,

I have always played age of empire via Voobly on game version CD 1.5. It all worked flawless.
However, as since today, the game keeps changing to CD 1.0c and i am not able to change the version of the game. This causes me to not being able to join games and play. Please help.

As far as i know, i did not change anything. I already tried to reinstall the game, voobly, the CD 1.5 patch and deleted all my mods and scenario's, but nothing seems to work.

Hope you can help me.

PS. i noted via a search on google that this has already been an issue in the past for some other people. However, i cannot find the solution to the problem.
thread: https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/293628

PSPS. Im not running via steam, but im talking about AoC. and i already enabled Compatibility mode and run as an administrator.

Greetings,
Daniel
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 9 April 2020 - 11:24 am
The most probable causes are the following:

1. The patch is not correctly installed.
2. A security application on your computer is preventing the patch from being executed.

Please run the game diagnostics and share the outcome with me. You will find this option here:
[You must login to view link]

Link | Reply | Quote
 VjezeVjezeFur

Edited 10 April 2020 - 9:41 pm by VjezeVjezeFur
This is the result:

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II'
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll' exists...
Success!
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 215552 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II'
DirectPlay command line is 'lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Age2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
DirectPlay play thinks the language dll is at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 VjezeVjezeFur

Posted 14 April 2020 - 9:18 am
Do you know what is wrong and how to fix it?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts