1.0c patch

MrNice

Posted 16 April 2020 - 7:07 pm
Hi!
My favorite map is only playable on 1.0c. It works even better on a modified HD version of 1.0c. My friends can play this on voobly without any problems.
I can run it locally, but whenever I join a 1.0c game room it magically turns into regular 1.0c without the game diagnostics tool running.

I replaced the age2_x1 file thats located in my Voobly-gamedata-aoc folder to the modified version. This did not help.

I dont have the regular 1.0c patch installed anywhere on my computer (that I know of). How is voobly editing my game file? Is it being downloaded every time Im in a 1.0c game room or did I miss a local file somewhere?
Any tips on how to fix it?

Im running the Microsoft version of the game.
For the record I do not intend to play rated 1.0c games, if thats even possible

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Posted 16 April 2020 - 7:11 pm
Hello, MrNice.

We were able to locate your file yesterday for you to delete it However when you join a 1.0c game room and you don't have it, it will automatically download for you. As for when you first install game/voobly you have 1.0c already if it's done through AoK+AoC which yours was.

I hope this answered your question.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MrNice

Edited 16 April 2020 - 7:19 pm by MrNice
Yeah, I was sure locating that file would fix it, but it didnt help.
I did not delete it, I replaced it with my modified patch. Game diagnostics seems to recognise this as a valid file
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Posted 18 April 2020 - 4:40 am
What are you trying to do exactly? Maybe I can help more if I knew what you're trying to do! ;flowers

Cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 MrNice

Posted 20 April 2020 - 6:39 pm
Im trying to play the DOTA 2,01 map on Voobly.
Trying to run an HD version of 1.0c so that I can play it full screen. I do this by using a setup tool that modifies my age2_x1 file(s)
Its working in single player mode when not launched through voobly and its working on Gameranger.
The guys I play with on Gameranger can run it on Voobly aswell.
When I launch it through voobly my age2_X1 file turns into the regular 1.0c patch and I have to re-do the setup process.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 21 April 2020 - 11:19 am by +sunny@voobly
Hello there,

You cannot modify the age2_x1 file while playing on Vobly. I would suggest a clean installation of the game one more time as outlined in the article below:

Please follow the steps mentioned here to perform a clean installation of the game:
[You must login to view link]

If you want to play the game with a modified version of the dat file (as you would do so in gameranger), that could only be done via a custom mod.

If you would like to customize the 1.0c patch as you mentioned in your original post you can do so by creating a copy of the patch files and modifying that copy and then having Voobly point to that custom patch, which is what you will then select as your desired patch in your game room settings. Needless to say you cant play a rated game then, but i am sure you care less about it.

Bottom line, do not modify the original patch files or any of the game dat files, as doing so will provoke voobly to redownload the patch files and undo all your work.

I hope this answers your query. Good luck
Link | Reply | Quote
 MrNice

Posted 22 April 2020 - 4:18 am
Thank you for helping guys.

I wouldnt have asked if it hadnt been working for the other people I know who has this patch installed (which kinda contadicts parts of what you said)

Your solution sounds great though, Ill definately look into it the next time Im ready to go down this rabbit hole again. Thank you!

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts