Galactic Battlegrounds Multiplayer Display Issues

BS_Kastor

Posted 1 May 2020 - 5:30 pm
Hi everyone. I'm having a nightmare playing Galactic Battlegrounds online and since we've been in lockdown, I've had an itch for some retro SWBG multiplayer that won't go away!

The problem I'm having is that when Voobly launches the game, I can only see the top left of the screen which leaves me without access to any of the buttons I need to change the options and start the match. When I launch the game directly from Steam, I don't get this problem. Also, I have identified 4 different exe files that launch the game in the game's folder: Battlegrounds.exe, battlegrounds_cc.exe, battlegrounds_x1.exe and player.exe. Of these 4, only launching directly from battlegrounds_x1.exe leads to this display issue but when Voobly launches the game, I have no choice over which exe files is used (I'm guessing it's battlegrounds_x1.exe seeing as the issue is always present when trying to play through Voobly).

I have installed the latest patch but without being able to tell Voobly which exe file to use, I can't find a way to use the patch when trying to play online. I have also tried renaming the files so that the name is battlegrounds_x1.exe for one of the exe files that works fine but when I do this the problem persists. I've also tried playing with the resolution tools and the direct x setting but with no luck.

I'm hoping there's a way to tell Voobly which exe file to use when launching or perhaps that there's something I've not though of yet. Any help or ideas anyone has would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments:

Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 2 May 2020 - 12:04 pm
There is no way for you to tell Voobly which exe file to use for your game. Voobly will automatically detect the correct file based on the game you are playing. I would suggest reinstalling the game from Steam again.

From your screenshot, it seems as if you are using a custom resolution to start your game. Please use your native desktop resolution as that should be supported out of the box by Voobly.

It might also help to start the game offline (outside Voobly) and set your in-game resolution to the one matching your desktop resolution. Once done, try launching the game from Voobly again. If that does not work, fall back to the lowest resolution possible in-game and try again.

Also try running the game diagnostics. This should fix many known problems found in your game. You will find this option in here:
[You must login to view link]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts