Client crashes when I enter a game room

schmeez

Edited 7 May 2020 - 8:13 pm by schmeez
I am able to log in to the client and enter a lobby without an issue.

However, when I enter a game room, the client closes out entirely, usually immediately. It happens when I join an existing room, when I try to host, and when I try to watch a game already progress.

***After first posting this, I discovered that the client will occasionally crash when I click the "info" button in the lobby view.***

Everything was fine for me until today. I was able to play a couple of games earlier. Once the problem started, I have not been able to do anything. It happens in lobbies large and small. The smallest had 23 people in the lobby. I have only one lobby open at a time and no other applications running on the machine.

I do not what more I can do. Any help would be appreciated.

So far, I have:

Uninstalled and reinstalled clean
Rebooted

[You must login to view link]

I have used:

Code:
dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
sfc /scannow

Then rebooted

My game diagnostics are:

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'C:\Users\schmi\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii'
Verifying 'C:\Users\schmi\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\language_x1.dll' exists...
Success!
Verifying 'C:\Users\schmi\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'C:\Users\schmi\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 215552 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'C:\Users\schmi\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii'
DirectPlay command line is 'Lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'C:\Users\schmi\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\AGE2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
DirectPlay play thinks the language dll is at 'C:\Users\schmi\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires ii\language_x1.dll'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.

My network diagnostics are:

Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 1' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 16000 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: All Pass
Network Health: All tests passed
Recommended Action: None
Details: All tests passed.

For help understanding this report or for more information go to http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 May 2020 - 8:36 pm
Could you please upload voobly (1,2,3,4,5).txt located at C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly? Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 schmeez

Posted 7 May 2020 - 8:51 pm
Attached. Thanks.

I was just able to spec a game for whatever that is worth.
Attachments:
voobly 1.txt (file size: 177.17 KB)
voobly 2.txt (file size: 13.66 KB)
voobly 3.txt (file size: 8.35 KB)
voobly 4.txt (file size: 78.22 KB)
voobly 5.txt (file size: 20.8 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 May 2020 - 8:55 pm
This is weird. Could you please also upload some of the crash dumps? Same directory. Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 schmeez

Posted 7 May 2020 - 8:59 pm
Attached
Attachments:
minidump 1.dmp (file size: 1.04 MB)
minidump 2.dmp (file size: 513.08 KB)
minidump 3.dmp (file size: 878.47 KB)
minidump 4.dmp (file size: 514.5 KB)
minidump 5.dmp (file size: 502.42 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 schmeez

Posted 12 May 2020 - 6:14 pm
Since the update on May 12, things have been working much better. I don't know what the change was, but good job. Thanks.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [kLu]Troy

Posted 13 May 2020 - 1:31 am
Hello, there was a update: 200 less game rooms in each lobby. Glad to hear this has fixed your problem.

Cheers ;flowers

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts