Lobbies

abcabc1

Posted 25 May 2020 - 12:20 am
Hi. I see there are diffrerent lobbies at Voobly- Casual Lobby, New Player Lobby, Inter Player Lobby, Medieval Siege Lobby, Deathmatch Lobby.

Is there any Restrictions and Limitations to play at these lobbies ??? What are the limits ???
Could a player play simultaneously in all these lobbies ??

Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 25 May 2020 - 1:06 am by mich
The Casual Lobby (Unrated Lobby)
  • Unrated Lobby only.
  • Beginners have a starting point without the pressures of regular ratings.
  • For promoting custom-made, alternative style maps, new maps and/or mods.
  • A more relaxed environment that promotes a casual and fun place for ALL players, regardless of skill level, new or experienced.
  • Match Stats Ladder (Casual) shows statistics and recordings only. Wins, losses and points (1600 rating) are not reflected on players on this Ladder.

The New Player Lobby (Rated Lobby)
  • Lobby with Rated and Unrated Ladders.
  • Restricted Lobby. For New Players only. Once you have games in this lobby, or other lobbies, you will eventually be locked out and will be forced to join one of the regular lobbies. At this point you are not considered a 'new player' anymore and should move on from this lobby to regular lobbies.
  • Beginners also have the option to start out by playing on Voobly’s Beginners Ladder for rated games. The rated match statistical pages generate automatic statistics for each game played under the Ladder(s); recordings, military statistics, economy, points won or lost, and your current rating for that Lobby. This is just one of many rated Ladders Voobly has to offer.
  • If you would rather not play rated, you can play in the Casual Lobby, or you can play under the unrated ladder using the Match Stats Only (NPL) Ladder.

The other (regular) Lobbies; MS, Inter Lobby, CS, Deathmatch, AoK, etc. are open. They do not have restrictions other than following the Code of Conduct Policies.

As far as you and your account details. You don't really appear to be a new player anymore and therefore should play in the regular lobbies.
Link | Reply | Quote
 abcabc1

Posted 25 May 2020 - 3:03 am
At Casual Lobby I see some rooms but the descriptions are not for invite other players. May be if some friends in stead of LAN, decide to play at Internet may use Casual lobby at Voobly.

About- New Player Lobby, what I understand, if some player play there, he can not play at other lobbies. And if he decide to play games at other lobbies, he can not play at New Player Lobby anymore ??

Are important the results of the player ?? If he has- 0 wins and 50 loses at NPL and decide to play at Inter Player Lobby and Medieval Siege Lobby and lose there another 50 games, what happens ?? He will be locked at Inter and Medieval siege ??
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 25 May 2020 - 7:48 am
Hello,
abcabc1 wrote:
At Casual Lobby I see some rooms but the descriptions are not for invite other players. May be if some friends in stead of LAN, decide to play at Internet may use Casual lobby at Voobly.

Casual lobby is for casual unrated games. No restrictions whatsoever. You can choose to play with friends or random players, your choice.
abcabc1 wrote:
About- New Player Lobby, what I understand, if some player play there, he can not play at other lobbies. And if he decide to play games at other lobbies, he can not play at New Player Lobby anymore ??

That is partially correct. After a preset number of games in a competitive lobby, you do not have access to NPL.
abcabc1 wrote:
Are important the results of the player ?? If he has- 0 wins and 50 loses at NPL and decide to play at Inter Player Lobby and Medieval Siege Lobby and lose there another 50 games, what happens ?? He will be locked at Inter and Medieval siege ??

Usually, that sort of statistics would clearly raise a red flag as it's quite likely the player in question is probably intentionally loosing games which may need to be investigated.

I have checked your account and you are clearly not suited to be playing in NPL. I would suggest playing in the other regular lobbies instead.
Link | Reply | Quote
 abcabc1

Posted 25 May 2020 - 4:29 pm
+sunny@voobly wrote:
Hello,

That is partially correct. After a preset number of games in a competitive lobby, you do not have access to NPL.

What is that NUMBER of games in competitive lobby ???
I did not understand, are the results of the player important to be locked at Inter and Medieval siege Lobbiy ??

What RANKING must reach a player at Inter and Medieval siege lobby, to NOT have access to New player lobby ??

Could a player have rating at NPL- 1300 points, at Inter lobby- 1450 points , and at and Medieval siege lobby- 1650 points and play simultaneously in all these lobbies ??

Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 25 May 2020 - 9:13 pm by mich
The idea for the New Players Lobby is for players to enter this lobby to LEARN how to play online or with others. It is for NEW PLAYERS. It is NOT FOR NOOB, or low skilled players that have a few hundred games and also play in the other lobbies.

You aren't the first player to try to argue their way out of playing in the NEW PLAYER LOUNGE. You won't be the last I'm sure. The point is, sunny said you shouldn't be playing in the NPL, so therefore you need to move on to the other lobbies. Let the NEW PLAYERS play with other NEW PLAYERS.

Please also see the Code of Conduct Policy.
Link | Reply | Quote
 abcabc1

Posted 25 May 2020 - 11:14 pm
So what are the answers of these questions ???

What is that NUMBER of games in competitive lobby ???
I did not understand, are the results of the player important to be locked at Inter and Medieval siege Lobbiy ??

What RANKING must reach a player at Inter and Medieval siege lobby, to NOT have access to New player lobby ??

Could a player have rating at NPL- 1300 points, at Inter lobby- 1450 points , and at and Medieval siege lobby- 1650 points and play simultaneously in all these lobbies ??

I ask for other new players, not for me ??
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 26 May 2020 - 12:45 am
Please be aware that we cannot discuss specific details, as it could potentially be used in a harmful way. You can find all the public information pertaining the New Player Lobby system here.
Link | Reply | Quote
 abcabc1

Posted 26 May 2020 - 4:50 pm
Thank you.
I want to ask for UNRATED games. If a player play only UNRATED games, could he play simultaneously in all lobbies- New Player Lobby, Inter Player Lobby, Medieval Siege Lobby ??
Or restrictions are the same as fo RATED ???

Is there limit of played games ??
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Walt_

Posted 15 June 2020 - 7:59 pm
I think was it 2016? when NPL ban was implemented, and this is 2020...4 years and we are still discussing why people are not allowed to enter NPL. Get over the habit already.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 15 June 2020 - 8:14 pm by mich
Oh my.... lol
+eric@voobly wrote:
Please be aware that we cannot discuss specific details, as it could potentially be used in a harmful way. You can find all the public information pertaining the New Player Lobby system here.

You are locked out of NPL. How hard is this to understand? Once a player is locked out from NPL, that player will remain banned from NPL. Over many years, we've heard every story, every excuse, every "I just want to know this.." responses since then. This thread is no different. Move on and play unrated in the other lobbies you are NOT BANNED from..

;facepalm

SO..... IN CLOSING.........

NO, YOU CAN NOT PLAY IN THIS LOBBY. PERIOD.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth

Posted 22 June 2020 - 4:39 pm
mich wrote:
Oh my.... lol

;facepalm

..... PERIOD.

ROFL ... Thumb up ! ... ROFL
Link | Reply | Quote
 MMO_Executioner

Posted 22 June 2020 - 5:21 pm
So in other words if you play for points and get to good you will be penalized. Your points will be taken away at some point and your favorite maps will be altered.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth

Posted 22 June 2020 - 6:36 pm
So in other words if you play for points and get to good you will be penalized. Your points will be taken away at some point and your favorite maps will be altered.

Come on old man ... Get over it !
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Evil_Weasel

Posted 23 June 2020 - 12:36 pm
_Walt_ wrote:
I think was it 2016? when NPL ban was implemented, and this is 2020...4 years and we are still discussing why people are not allowed to enter NPL. Get over the habit already.
well, they‘re supposed to be new players. they dont know that system yet. doesnt matter how long it’s bern like that. they get affected by it, they complain.
come on, unban me in npl, i want to smash some noobies. tooth

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 21 posts