Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > Port forwarding for players that don't have wifi or fiber

Port forwarding for players that don't have wifi or fiber

Diin

Posted 10 July 2020 - 10:36 am
I've noticed that a lot of players that don't have wifi or fiber are playing on their mobile hotspots (like me) and they're always on fast proxy so they end up getting kicked or dropping a lot even though they have good ping. I don't know much about the technical side of how port forwarding works but I thought I would post my solution on the forums so here it is.

Since most mobile service providers do not allow for port forwarding I used a VPN and that seemed to solve it all. Literally that simple. I use Windscribe VPN since it's free and comes with 15GB of free data, which is honestly enough to last half a year or even more given that you don't do anything else with it. I've been using it for about 4 months now and I've never experienced those issues anymore. In summary:-

1. Install a VPN of your choice.
2. Connect to the VPN first.
3. Load up Voobly when it's done.

To add to this I also set my network preferences on my phone to be LTE only, the menu for that can be accessed by dialing *#*#4636#*#* and entering the settings of the SIM you use for data but I don't know if it works on all phones. It does help prevent spiking and keeps the network stable.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Edited 11 July 2020 - 10:53 am by Troy
Hello.

Thanks for trying to help but VPN isn't a stable connection for gaming and is totally randomized ports (like throwing a dice) It's best to buy a router/modem and use Wifi or preferably a Ethernet cord.

Regards. ;1hat

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts