Your Own Mod

[New_ITA_]GorLeon

Edited 28 August 2020 - 6:07 pm by [New_ITA_]GorLeon
NighttFury wrote:
The problem with data mods is that it can't run in the same time with others mods. First let's make it possible so the other modders can integrate it in their data mods. We can't just wait for a new userpatch as it may never happen.

I totally agree with you. But, if this were this easy, I think we would have already got these features months ago. The situation, from what I could gather, is like this:
    - The Wololo Kingdoms' maintainers (Siege Engineers) are currently working on projects for DE, at least on Github. The last commit for WK was more than 2 months ago. You can see it here: [You must login to view link]

- scripter16, the guy behind Userpatch, has basically disappeared from the scene. He never showed any interest for DE even before the release, nor he's ever been a Microsoft lover (I do remember a post on Reddit where he explained why), so I think there's a small (but not nonexistent) possibility of him showing up with a new version of UP in the future.

- The Voobly staff isn't against introducing DE's stuff at all. DE Balance and Wololo Kingdoms DE confirm this. So, I think that they too would want to do something about those QoL improvements. But if they haven't done it by themselves there should be a reason (maybe it's just impossible?).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]CaMp2gg_

Posted 28 August 2020 - 6:10 pm
bigger health bars ;grin
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Autokton]i2p

Posted 29 August 2020 - 1:34 am
i would love to play a mod in wk where i could choose ONE missing technology or any other unique tech from other civs.
Like Mongols getting paladin upgrade, or torsion engine tech from ethiopians.
Link | Reply | Quote
 NighttFury

Posted 29 August 2020 - 8:07 pm
Feature to place more than one selected tower/building at time, like a group of selected towers/buildings placed at the same time (the same element, but places un more than one square). Example horizontally or vertically line of 2/5 buildings/towers selected.

Example:

You must login into Voobly to view image

actuallly this might be a good idea if we apply it with onagers/trebuchets when using ground attack. instead of attacking one place they all attack a line in a parallele way. this can be good for chopping wood too as well as attacking walls or units.
also can you implement auto scouting?
Link | Reply | Quote
 0x720x610x66

Posted 29 August 2020 - 8:41 pm
Yeah, some sort of multi path selection, concerning the targets aswell together with multiple placement of the buildings. So basically the concept is instead the current click/select per 1 placement, develop it in a click/select per 5 QOL/feature using an unused hot key for that.

But I'm worried that this will require a development work on the source code, currently not avaiable publicly unfortunatly for us. Maybe one day....

But my hope is that this could be implemented with an easier work and way, on the "surface" if that make sense, together with the other previous cool ideas :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 the_peshmerga13

Posted 4 September 2020 - 7:48 am
I would like a new civliization called "The Medes" (the ancestor of the kurds) and their bonous points would be Extra Damage in hill (kurds are good in fighting in mountains)
and also Very strong villagers and super low food to make a vi or a soldier.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 4 September 2020 - 12:34 pm
am11r wrote:
bringing DE civs to voobly ? I dont know if there are legal issues tho
https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/1371/WololoKingdoms-DE
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 4 September 2020 - 8:58 pm
fix silly random
Link | Reply | Quote
 modextractor

Posted 17 September 2020 - 4:14 pm
What about a mod that combines already installed data mods? (Like WK+Triple Tech or Queing Techs)? Is that possible?
Link | Reply | Quote
 NighttFury

Posted 17 September 2020 - 7:26 pm
That already exists (WK+ queue tech) in Wololokingdoms DE mod
Link | Reply | Quote
 koandcul13

Posted 21 September 2020 - 3:00 am
I made a summary with all the ideas and it can be found in the main post. I will try to update it often.

For the one who asked for bigger herdable, I just gave it a try.

Is a slow process, takes forever to make each image bigger, remove the shadow and organize them in .slp file

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 +mikael@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Edited 29 September 2020 - 12:36 pm by +mikael@voobly
woaw this awesome
Link | Reply | Quote
 NighttFury

Posted 1 October 2020 - 4:32 pm
There's no mod for autoscouting. The patch 1.4 scout just add a botton that make your unit move from one place to another instead of using your mouse directly (it's useless).
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 1 October 2020 - 4:58 pm
fix silly random

update?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [New_ITA_]GorLeon

Posted 4 October 2020 - 5:11 pm
Age of Mandala is now on Voobly: https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/1434/Age-of-Mandala---Tower-Range-Mod
It’s on the list, so I thought I’d drop a message here too.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 38 posts