DE Arabia on Voobly

[New_ITA_]GorLeon

Edited 14 September 2020 - 6:15 pm by [New_ITA_]GorLeon
Hello everyone! I don't know if this is the correct section for this, but it seemed the closest to be the right one for me. Sorry if it isn't.

Anyway, as some of you may have noticed, the version of Arabia that's played on DE is a bit different. Since no one seemed to have any intention of bringing it to Voobly, eventually I decided to learn how to create random script maps and I gave it a shot. Here it is.

Before you read the rest, do note that this map will only work with WololoKingdoms and WololoKingdoms DE. If you don't use these mods, it will probably just crash.

First of all, this map can either generate the desert or the green version (just as the classic Arabia). The probability is 50%. Let's see the changes for both of them:

- Desert version:
I used ECL Arabia as a starting point, since it's most used desert version of Arabia. However:
1) Ponds will generate with a 50% probability (instead of 0 as in ECL Arabia).
2) Each player will always start with one herdable already under their control.
3) Herdables are either sheeps or goats. It doesn't change anything, it's just graphics and sound basically.
4) There's 50% probability that players have two boars and 50% that they have a rhino and an elephant. Rhino and elephant have more food, but they're more dangerous too.
5) Deers are replaced either by zebras or by ostriches.
6) Wolves are replaced either by lions or tigers.

- Green version:
I used HC2 Arabia as a starting point for this.
1) Each player will always start with one herdable already under their control.
2) Herdables are either sheeps, goats or cows. If you have cows, then you'll have only 4 of them + 2 sheeps. It's for giving exactly the same amount of food (800) as when you have 8 sheeps/goats.
3) Instead of wolves, you may encounter bears. It doesn't change anything, it's just graphics.

That's it. I tried to imitate exactly the same Arabia as DE, but there are some limitations for terrains. I couldn't use the African Kingdoms terrains for the desert version because of lack of enough knowledge on how to modify ZN maps. But for the most part I think it's quite similar.

If you want me to modify any other maps, let me know. Also, I've created an Allied Vision version as well, since it may be useful for teamgames. Enjoy!

If you have any suggestion or you notice that I have overlooked something, please let me know!

Attachments:
DE Arabia.rms (file size: 17.42 KB)
DE Arabia - Allied Vision.rms (file size: 17.54 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 14 September 2020 - 5:41 pm
The map does work on WololoKingdoms DE. You should publish it as a visual/content mod.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [New_ITA_]GorLeon

Posted 14 September 2020 - 6:13 pm
+pablo@voobly wrote:
The map does work on WololoKingdoms DE. You should publish it as a visual/content mod.

I was 99% sure it would work on WK DE, but now that the creator himself has spoken, it's a 100%, thanks!

Yeah, that's what I'll do, but only once I'll have modified other maps like "Four Lakes" and "Acropolis". I'll release them as "DE Maps" or something (it should be a visual mod for maps, right?). Thanks for the advice anyway!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 14 September 2020 - 6:19 pm
I was 99% sure it would work on WK DE, but now that the creator himself has spoken, it's a 100%, thanks!

Yeah, that's what I'll do, but only once I'll have modified other maps like "Four Lakes" and "Acropolis". I'll release them as "DE Maps" or something (it should be a visual mod for maps, right?). Thanks for the advice anyway!

I guess the only thing you need to do is copy the structure of another map mod, like King of the Desert. Since the map folder from WololoKingdoms DE is a link to the original one, it can be accessed by both mods without having to do anything else.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [New_ITA_]GorLeon

Posted 14 September 2020 - 6:31 pm
+pablo@voobly wrote:
I guess the only thing you need to do is copy the structure of another map mod, like King of the Desert. Since the map folder from WololoKingdoms DE is a link to the original one, it can be accessed by both mods without having to do anything else.
Yes, I know how WK DE works. It links the files from WK, except the additional and the modified ones. That's why I was fairly sure the maps would work as well. I just wasn't sure if you had modified the names of the new herdables when you added the cows for Tatars, but I guess you used DLC_COW as in WK.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LAK]Oldergold

Posted 15 September 2020 - 7:17 am
nicee
Link | Reply | Quote
 yvan_nathan47

Posted 17 September 2020 - 2:52 am
Ok. But i am new here. I want to play online but i don't know how. i have searched it several times but i don't find the right way. now that i found voobly i don't know how to use it
Link | Reply | Quote
 [New_ITA_]GorLeon

Posted 12 October 2020 - 7:04 pm
Now in this mod too: https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/1438/DE-Maps

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts