Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Game Mods > Age of Mandala - Tower Range Mod

Age of Mandala - Tower Range Mod

by GorLeon - 5877 downloads

This mod shows the standard range of every tower, i.e. 8 tiles. It's just a graphical modification, it won't update for example when fletching is researched. So, it's basically helpful to make sure you're not placing an out of range tower.

aom.png

This mod was inspired by [You must login to view link] by johannes and johannes himself gave me some helpful tips for porting it to Voobly. I give him my thanks.
There are some differences between the original mod and this one though:
  1. While the DE one was a modification of the towers' slps, this one is a modification of their shadows' slps. Modifying the slps of towers themselves made the range line clickable, so I had to use the shadows (that aren't clickable by default).
  2. The DE one shows 3 lines, the second and the third being the ranges after fletching and bodkin arrow. I chose not to do the same here for avoiding messy graphics. If there's enough request, I'll create a separate mod that does that too.
  3. I chose to use a dashed line because I find it less heavy on the eyes and just as helpful.

It should work together with any other visual mods and I tested it with AOC, Wololo Kingdoms and DE Balance. If it doesn't work with any other data mod, please let me know.
Known issues:
  • For some random graphical glitch, the dashed line may disappear after placing the tower, and then reappear after scrolling down the view.

Similar mods:

Future similar mods:
  • Special support for WK DE, with automatically updating ranges.
2 User(s) are viewing this mod (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 2 guests

Information
Type:
New Visuals or Content
Game Name:
Downloads:
Created By:
GorLeon
Version:
Download Size:
497.12 KB
Uploaded By: