How to reset my score.

[ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ

Posted 22 November 2020 - 7:03 pm
_011010011 wrote:
No. The fact that voobly can spot any device, it means they are storing your ISP information, therefore they are aware about who you are in real life because you have a paper contract with your ISP who has assigned you an IP, later on they will track the IP at any of your devices in use. This is how it works.

Oh snap, didn't saw your rating. Last time I asked at what rating they ban you, they gave me no clear answer but an approximate of 1380 rating, and by they I mean +james@voobly. That day I showed him a guy with 1420 rating playing in NPL, I was approx 1380, I asked him how is it possible. Instead he banned him too lmao. Now I played CBA TTM mode in that lobby which is played no where, and I lost that opportunity because of some stupid opponents who happened to win easily then absolutely let me win in the rematch. Playing unrated only is the best strategy in NPL to avoid ban no matter what. Which is stupid on its own, pro can destroy noobs in this way. For me losing with points or without point system is same thing, fun ruined is ruined. But its allowed in one way, but not in another.

But I agree with your concern, Voobly does store a lot of information. It was posted by ex moderator on reddit and he showed plethora of information recorded by Voobly, in short, no its not just IP.

PS: no_mercy2020 instead of making new account for trolling, use your real nick? or maybe stop posting reaction gifs? Unless you are incapable of not nosing in other threads and cant express the child that wanna blast through your ass without trolling, keep it up!
Link | Reply | Quote
 no_mercy2020

Posted 22 November 2020 - 7:06 pm
Knowing the rules doesn't mean trolling, ignorance is trolling
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ

Posted 22 November 2020 - 7:14 pm
Knowing the rules doesn't mean trolling, ignorance is trolling

Then dont hijack threads and play by rules noob and stop spamming. Posting gifs without any text?: https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/332210

Dont try to be smart, also sounds like you are violating the rule which says Voobly is not intended for people under 13 year olds. You clearly sound 9 with your continuous spam of gifs 11
Link | Reply | Quote
 no_mercy2020

Posted 22 November 2020 - 7:40 pm
Yeah you right, I'm 9 because I post gifs

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 23 November 2020 - 3:49 pm
_011010011 wrote:
I'm not even 1400 and I cannot join the NPL anymore. Now there are many players quitting the game to keep their score low. Regardless, the fact is on MS there are not the maps I used to play and the players I'm used to playing with, including my clan, are in the NPL. I did try to make another account from another computer and different IP, but voobly spots it. This is an infringement of the GDPR by the way.

We are not using IP addresses by the way. For security purposes we generate unique anti-cheat ids, so we can actually control who may access our client and who doesn't. You certainly agree if I say, that IP addresses are not very efficient to achieve this goal.

In case of our NPL, we write SHA2-hashes of our actual anti-cheat ids to our NPL database table without any links to the actual player account. This helps us keeping non-NPL players out, even if they were inactive for more than 9 months or requested the closure of their accounts. You can compare our measure with the anti-cheat ids with the activation id of your windows operating system, which is not a GDPR violation.

Fun fact: all players requesting a data wipe or account closure were banned NPL players.

https://www.voobly.com/pages/view/privacy
Quote:
All data related to the game client are retained for 9 months and are used for security (including anti cheat) and diagnostics purpose only.
Quote:
You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Use_The_Lake

Posted 24 November 2020 - 6:01 pm
Wow, Voobly has finally stopped people creating dozens of accounts. Slow clap. Took you guys long enough.

Now if you could reinstate the country of ENGLAND to the list that would be great.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 25 November 2020 - 11:57 am by +chris@voobly
Wow, Voobly has finally stopped people creating dozens of accounts. Slow clap. Took you guys long enough.

Now if you could reinstate the country of ENGLAND to the list that would be great.
As previously explained, the "countries" listed in your Voobly settings are based on the List of UN Member States. As you correctly stated, England is a country in the UK, but not a state.

Germany also has 16 "states", the USA got 50 of them, France got more than 27 including the overseas territories, the UK also does have 14 overseas territories...

Then we have people from "countries" that cause a lot of drama on our game client. This includes the (Russian) Crimea, (Independent) Kosovo, (#Free) Palestine, (independent) Catalonia, Taiwan, (#Brexit) UK, (independent) Scotland and lots of other geopolitical locations that cause a small minority on our client to act like complete ****s. We even had players who wanted us to add the Islamic State (IS). Not to mention all those trolls from "Vatican City" who insult religious people or make fun of victims of abuse.

So our decision was, that we no longer discuss whether a country is a real country or not, instead our list of "countries" will depend on the list of UN Member States only.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Use_The_Lake

Posted 25 November 2020 - 1:12 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
As previously explained, the "countries" listed in your Voobly settings are based on the List of UN Member States. As you correctly stated, England is a country in the UK, but not a state.

Germany also has 16 "states", the USA got 50 of them, France got more than 27 including the overseas territories, the UK also does have 14 overseas territories...

Then we have people from "countries" that cause a lot of drama on our game client. This includes the (Russian) Crimea, (Independent) Kosovo, (#Free) Palestine, (independent) Catalonia, Taiwan, (#Brexit) UK, (independent) Scotland and lots of other geopolitical locations that cause a small minority on our client to act like complete ****s. We even had players who wanted us to add the Islamic State (IS). Not to mention all those trolls from "Vatican City" who insult religious people or make fun of victims of abuse.

So our decision was, that we no longer discuss whether a country is a real country or not, instead our list of "countries" will depend on the list of UN Member States only.

Ok I hadn't actually seen your longer response (August 6th) on the thread I created. Guess I've just lost interest in AOE. Now that you've actually taken the time to explain the situation fully, rather than having me brushed aside with a vague answer, that makes good sense.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 23 out of 23 posts