Voobly Won't Launch

passatguy

Posted 14 January 2021 - 1:14 pm
Yesterday I was able to play just fine. today when I tried to launch Voobly.exe it asked permission as usual, however even after confirming the "black screen" box, the application didn't run. Tried a number of times with different safety settings, or even turning off windows defender. Uninstalling & reinstalling didn't work either. Can somebody help with this?
Link | Reply | Quote
 hiigara

Posted 14 January 2021 - 2:54 pm
i got the same
1st gamestart failed due to a missing .dll,
2nd i removed voobly an age
3rd reinstalled all
4th start voobly, dl and install new files followed -->voobly dont launch
Link | Reply | Quote
 passatguy

Posted 14 January 2021 - 5:57 pm
It appears that my problem is the same as the "trojan update". Entering the protection history of windows defender & restoring the voobly-related "serious threat" solved my problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Isey

Posted 14 January 2021 - 6:19 pm
+Isey wrote:
English
Guys, if you cant run voobly since the last days, or when you playing at any lobby and you get 1.0c in the launching window, most likely due to recent update and therefore you should allow an exception for the anticheat feature (aka Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D7!ml), if you using Windows 10, proceed as follow:

1. Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection
2. Under the "Current threats" section, click the Protection history.
3. look for the one named Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D7!ml.
4. Click on the actions dropdown and then on "Allow".

In case you use any other AV, just proceed the same and search for the threat in the AV options.

Español
Si no puedes iniciar Voobly desde hace unos dias, o al arrancar el juego en cualquier lobby y en la venta te sale que tienes 1.0c, es debido a una actualización reciente y debes marcar el anticheat (una caractertistica de la plataforma para no permitir hacks y trampas) como excepcion, si estas usando windows 10, haz lo siguiente:

1. Ve a Inicio > Configuración > Actualización y Seguridad > Seguridad de Windows > Protección contra Virus y amenazas
2. En Amenazas actuales pulsa en Historial de Amenazas.
3. Busca en Amenzas en cuarentena por una llamada "Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D7!ml".
4. Desplega el listado de Accciones, y ponla en Permitir.

Si usais cualquier otro antivirus, haced lo mismo buscando en las opciones de vuestro AV como hacer la excepcion del mencionado archivo.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 16 January 2021 - 8:04 pm
The matter has now been resolved. Please follow the instruction in the thread below:
https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/333898/:1405739#post1405739

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts