window mode doesn't go full screen in game

CSA_HW_Mercer

Posted 17 January 2021 - 8:31 am
Hi,

I have a LG monitor with 2560 x 1440 resolution, but I play AoE2 with a 1920x1080 resolution. Everything worked fine, then one day, games won't launch and other days or after rebootings, the game would launch as usual. What exactly happens is that the game launches, but I am thrown back at lobby/room screen. I can see the game logo at the lower task bar, but when I click on it, I get thrown back at the lobby/room screen. I would then close that app and click on the green button ''join game'' and a message appears stating that the game is already running but it is not.

My game settings are as suggested in the multiple thread about resolution game issues:
I have checked: Force desktop resolution in game, 32 bit, run as administrator.

What I discovered is that when i check ''run in window mode'', the game always launches. No more going back to lobby/room screen after the host launches the game in room. However, in game, the screen is windowed (small game window) with 1920x1080 resolution. Only way to put it at full screen is if I use the ingame resolution at 2560x1440, but the villagers, units, etc are still small.

Other thing I discovered is that if I use a 1920x1080 resolution for my desktop and the in-game resolution at 1920x1080, the game will be full screen again with the right size for the units, houses, etc... But it wasn't like that before... Before, I could use 2560x1440 as desktop resolution and had zero problem with game launchings and had automatic full screen gaming with 1920x1080.

I have NVIDIA card.

Can someone tell me how to have my initial set up to work again?

Thanks

Link | Reply | Quote
 ahsanBD

Posted 17 January 2021 - 6:14 pm
I HAVE SAME PROBLEM. SO WHAT CAN I DO?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kicking

Edited 18 January 2021 - 3:53 am by Kicking
Hello CSA_HW_Mercer,

You might be experiencing some resolution mismatch issue.

My suggestion is to try the following:
1) Make sure your Room options are exactly like [You must login to view link]. Have your "Force desktop resolution" disabled in case you don't want to have the 1440p from your Desktop.
2) [You must login to view link], go to Options on the AoC main menu, modify your resolution for the desired one, then close and finally disable this feature.

After that, try launching your game as usual.

Tell us how it went.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_HW_Mercer

Posted 18 January 2021 - 5:47 am
Hi Augusto,

Thanks for helping.

When I click on the ''this'' link, it sends me to a black screen... Can you write the details or attach another picture please?

Thanks.

Mercer
Link | Reply | Quote
 +arslan

Posted 18 January 2021 - 11:01 am
Hi Augusto,

Thanks for helping.

When I click on the ''this'' link, it sends me to a black screen... Can you write the details or attach another picture please?

Thanks.

Mercer

[You must login to view link]
Attachments:
Settings.png (file size: 160.24 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_HW_Mercer

Posted 18 January 2021 - 11:54 pm
Hi Doom,

Thanks for posting the image.

So I followed the instructions and the problem is still there...

Thanks

Mercer

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts