Problems installing Wololokingdoms

mafo

Edited 11 February 2021 - 9:28 pm by mafo
Hello.

First, thank so much for this amazing community, this year could be worst without voovly to play aoe2 with my friends... but i have spent all this week trying installa the aoe2 HD + wololokingdoms to play like old 2 but with more civilizations and maybe better graphics but... I can't... i am really stuck now.

I have a aoe2HD cracked from a youtube video titurial, I can play singleplayer and I can play with voobly servers but I can´t install the mod WKD to have more civilizations... When I try install it I get this message from WKD installer. It said.

"Steam Api could not be initialized! Steam needs to be running and you need to be logged in with the Account that owns Age2HD with DLCS. Place the converter files in the Age2HD folder if no Steam installation is found, also try running Steam as Administrator."

But I have my steam open it and logged and also I can see my Aoe2 HD in my games now. Look picture (1)

So my last step that I can see with the installer mod is this (picture 2)

What Can I do? I have read that I need the genuine Aoe and "Forgotten Kingdoms" but I don't know if this is the problem...

Can anybody help me? I don't know what to do more... no google, no forums... nothings and I am sure will have a lot information about this problems but really, I coudn't find it.

Thanks.
Attachments:
2021-02-11 1.png (file size: 327.25 KB)
2021-02-11.png (file size: 23.18 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 mafo

Posted 12 February 2021 - 12:09 pm
nobody?? I really need to fix this and I don't know what more to do please..
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kicking

Edited 13 February 2021 - 2:12 am by Kicking
Hello mafo,

You need to own Steam's AOE2HD + 3 DLC's to install WololoKingdoms. We - no matter the reasons - do not encourage piracy in any way.

Please buy the original AOE2HD and the three official DLC's in order to play WololoKingdoms on Voobly, otherwise we won't be able to help you.

Link | Reply | Quote
 mafo

Edited 13 February 2021 - 5:05 pm by mafo
okey.. I thought that... but +30€ for a game of 1997, yes, this HD version is 2013 but is exactly the same... So +30€ for the same but a couple civilizations more is insane... I don't want others versions like DE or something like this newer so.. I think that am happy now with the old Aoe and less civilization if this is the only way so I understand your point

Thanks for your reply.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kicking

Posted 13 February 2021 - 5:53 pm
Hello mafo,

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about it. I suggest you to wait until Steam has special offers; normally at the end of each season, there are important discounts.

Link | Reply | Quote
 MarcoPolo_97

Posted 3 August 2021 - 6:41 pm
Im going through the exact same problem. Lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 4 August 2021 - 8:10 am by +chris@voobly
Close and Exit your steam, then right-click on the Steam shortcut > run as administrator. Log onto Steam and then run the installer again. That should fix the issue.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts