Voobly app crashes once opened

Harps

Posted 30 March 2021 - 9:57 pm
Hi,

When I open Voobly (windows 10) my friends list opens as normal. The home/lobby page does not open. After 15-20 seconds the friends window closes itself. I hadn't experienced this before Sunday, and had been playing earlier last week with no problems.

I tried replacing the [You must login to view link] files and Qt files (captured in the screenshots) but still get the error. I even copied over the voobly installer form my laptop, which Voobly works fine on, but get the same error on this PC.

I've tried multiple installs, rebooted my PC in between, Tried replacing the Qt files with versions 4.2.2 and 4.23.

Has anyone experienced this before, is there some strange compatibility issue with my PC, maybe a common update which has caused this for someone else?

Voobly txt log and my Windows problem report attached.

Any help appreciated, cheers.
Attachments:
LatestFault30.03.21.PNG (file size: 22.39 KB)
VooblyLogError30.03.21.PNG (file size: 30.5 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +arslan

Posted 31 March 2021 - 5:35 am
Hi,

Follow the steps shown here to Clean Install your voobly Installation:

[You must login to view link]

Just in case do a complete Virus Scan of your PC to check for any potential malware affecting your system files.

Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files.
Code:
At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow
Link | Reply | Quote
 Harps

Posted 31 March 2021 - 2:53 pm
Hi Doom,

Thanks a lot, I'll follow these steps this afternoon when I get home.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Harps

Posted 31 March 2021 - 7:50 pm
Hi,

This I'd done a clean install a few times, no luck.But after running the scan on cmd promt, and following with a full (4hr) antivius scan and reboot, I can confirm Voobly opens now as normal.

Cheers! This is SOLVED.

+arslan wrote:
Hi,
Code:
At the command prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER: sfc /scannow

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts