CBA v8

T3nchy

Posted 30 December 2010 - 3:32 pm
After over 6 months, CBA v8 is almost ready for release, below is a list of changes to the map, now the map is mostly working and stable, i decided to add a few features that would enchance the game.

- Villager limit is now set to 10, this is to stop players populations being over run in long games.
- Redesigned unit spawn system to reduce map load
- Added unit spawn off and on switch
- Added grid to stop units running off map
- Added new castle effects
- Minor tweaks to anti-delete system
- Added goths stone wall system
- Fixed haystacks looping bug that caused lagg and crashing
- Added haystacks removal on base when player dies

Im sure a lot of you are wondering why there was not CBA v7, believe me when i say there are perfectly good reasons but none that are really important to this topic.

Testing began yesterday with a few very minor bugs found, these have since been resolved.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CattheHuN

Posted 30 December 2010 - 3:34 pm
hm.. thats gr8 work
Link | Reply | Quote
 N4lzC

Posted 30 December 2010 - 3:51 pm
That's good news Tenchy ;thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 1 January 2011 - 3:49 am
Castle effects?

How did you go about adding stone walls for Goths? We can (have already) achieved this quite easily with modding which Voobly now allows the use of.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DarkGR]BAIL

Edited 5 January 2011 - 8:41 am by [DarkGR]BAIL
V7 sucked, here were what the problems it had

When you get mongols as P2, the Units dont spawn
Link | Reply | Quote
 T3nchy

Edited 8 January 2011 - 6:06 pm by T3nchy
"modding" or .DAT editing as its correctly known is a ****ed up idea for Voobly as it's only cuz Donnie kissed Rambits ass that it ever got considered. Unless you know anything about >DAT editing, i wouldnt get me started on that subject because i can spend all day telling you how stupid it is for Voobly.

thanks for telling me what i already knew
Link | Reply | Quote
 Wizzword

Posted 11 January 2011 - 3:34 am
People can always choose whether they want to use the modding or not. So if one dislike the feature of adding stone walls while there is already a modding file, its a decision. It doesnt force you. You want tenchy's version. Then turn off the modding. You dont like stone walls for goths. Then you might need to turn off/change triggers around, i dont know, and be able to make the modding work to get the stone walls build.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:21 pm
T3nchy wrote:
"modding" or .DAT editing as its correctly known is a ****ed up idea for Voobly as it's only cuz Donnie kissed Rambits ass that it ever got considered. Unless you know anything about >DAT editing, i wouldnt get me started on that subject because i can spend all day telling you how stupid it is for Voobly.

thanks for telling me what i already knew

That's some ****ic logic. Something is wrong for Voobly because someone allegedly sucked up to an Admin to get it implemented? While I'm not a huge uber pro at dat editing (I barely tinker with it anymore), I do know enough to get myself around AGE and get stuff done for design. If you enjoy creating a myriad of triggers upon triggers to allow simple functions that could be done easily with dat editing, then be my guest, but there is no reason to be rude or ignorant. How about you detail some reasons dat editing couldn't be the future of scenario design? Better yet, go edit some existing ideas some more and make a "difference" in this community, ****.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Kei_

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:36 pm
WOOW !! good, good job Tenchy ;thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 SoverignSythius

Edited 11 January 2011 - 11:24 pm by SoverignSythius
Modding is easy to switch back out of. I've done some folder work and now I don't have to hassle with all this modding stuff. I just have folders that add themselves to the AOEII file when I click on the shortcut. It's simple yet painstacking to get it right. X(. Honestly though I think those who go through the trouble of making mods and scenarios need some kinda thank you or a pat on the back, not to shun them. AOC (AGe of Chivarly MOD)for example made by kor bocsh and his partner. They did an awesome job, they deserve some thanks after all. Many players have loved AOC. Gothic stone wall? Even better! who wouldn't want a better defense eh? I rest my case...

...by the way, WOO HOO FOR CBA v8!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]____Tom____

Posted 11 January 2011 - 11:47 pm
Voobly has an easy to use input selector for dat modification use, Soverign.
Link | Reply | Quote
 SoverignSythius

Edited 12 January 2011 - 4:07 am by SoverignSythius
still kinda new here and i still havnt got the site software or the access to a computer that lets me put AOEII on it online. So i'll look into that. Just ammusing myself with this. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Sneak_

Posted 21 January 2011 - 6:35 am
Why is v8 coming out but v7 was never used because everyone still used v6 because it was rated and they loved to camp

the only change you need to make CBA is an anti camping feature PLEASE or make it a rule on voobly the same as other cheating, camping in CBA is the same as cheating and should get -150 points, im not talking about just behind the gate. when players realise they have a bad civ in 1v1 and garrison in castles so you can NOT win, and they win points, its the same as dropping someone in my eyes.

please

fix

it
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nokia_E63

Posted 7 February 2011 - 10:05 am
when will cba v8 be out??
Link | Reply | Quote
 mongolia

Posted 9 February 2011 - 3:15 pm
Added unit spawn off and on switch

u mean units would auto garrison inside castles?
if so, that is not a good change.
archer civs would be more hard to be defected = more unbalanced.
non-ranged civs are always weaker than ranged civs already.
ty

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 38 posts