GAME TAKES TOO LONG TO JOIN

SlickDaddy

Posted 6 September 2021 - 8:18 pm
and even if it was the patches and i removed them its not like voobly will not bombard me with "downloang unknown updates" everytime i open the app anyway :S
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 6 September 2021 - 8:41 pm by +chris@voobly
SlickDaddy wrote:
and even if it was the patches and i removed them its not like voobly will not bombard me with "downloang unknown updates" everytime i open the app anyway :S

Years ago people were complaining, that they have to install all the stuff manually, and that it would be much easier for everyone, if Voobly could simply install it for them once they enter a lobby. Today people complain, because Voobly is downloading and installing "unknown updates" automatically. No comment.

Fun fact: Did you know, that you no longer need HD / Compatibility Patch / WK with the new patch?
Link | Reply | Quote
 SlickDaddy

Posted 7 September 2021 - 8:23 am
That's not the point. Suppose i removed the 1.6 patch and the game loaded fast as usual and get bombarded with the "downloading unknown update" messasge. Then what? ;gentleman . Perhaps having an option in the app settings to choose automatic updates? Rather than IMPOSSING?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 September 2021 - 10:03 am
It's just a mod that is downloading and extracting a ZIP to a directory, it cannot be responsible for your game loading slowly. If that was the case, then everyone would have this problem.

I explained in a previous post why it's technically not possible to do this.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pottie

Posted 7 September 2021 - 11:08 am
Maybe we should check if this is the same problem I see. What if you start AoC directly without Voobly? Does the problem remain?

If it does, please try renaming the executable. Does the delay go away?
Link | Reply | Quote
 SlickDaddy

Posted 7 September 2021 - 6:33 pm
Well it seems you are not getting what i am trying to put across. YOU are the one who brought "trying the game without the mods or patches" in the first place anyway. So i said... SUPPOSE it was really the issue and i removed them... I would still be getting the "update" pop up message after every launch since i would no longer have them. if this isnt clear enough then GG nvm
Link | Reply | Quote
 SlickDaddy

Posted 7 September 2021 - 6:35 pm
Pottie wrote:
Maybe we should check if this is the same problem I see. What if you start AoC directly without Voobly? Does the problem remain?

If it does, please try renaming the executable. Does the delay go away?

IT IS
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 September 2021 - 7:52 pm
SlickDaddy wrote:
Well it seems you are not getting what i am trying to put across. YOU are the one who brought "trying the game without the mods or patches" in the first place anyway. So i said... SUPPOSE it was really the issue and i removed them... I would still be getting the "update" pop up message after every launch since i would no longer have them. if this isnt clear enough then GG nvm
PLONK!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pottie

Posted 8 September 2021 - 11:30 am
SlickDaddy wrote:
IT IS
So if I understand correctly, you see exactly the same problem as myself.
One of the open question was, if it is caused by the 32 bit versions of Windows 7/10 that I use.

Do you use a 64 bit Windows?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 26 September 2021 - 7:03 pm
Pottie wrote:
So if I understand correctly, you see exactly the same problem as myself.
One of the open question was, if it is caused by the 32 bit versions of Windows 7/10 that I use.

Do you use a 64 bit Windows?
Please get back to me once you are back from your holidays. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 25 out of 25 posts