Stuck on "Downloading update (unknown)

[ 'V]I_UsE_LiNuX

Posted 1 October 2021 - 3:59 am
Trying to join an AoE2HD lobby and I keep getting stuck on this download. It doesn't say what it is, or does it ever download anything. I seen a post where one was told to delete the voobly/mods folder in AOEHD2 but I don't even have that folder. I had mods attached to this account from a year or so ago.

Any ideas?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ 'V]I_UsE_LiNuX

Edited 1 October 2021 - 4:24 am by [ 'V]I_UsE_LiNuX
You must login into Voobly to view image
Attachments:
Screenshot_25.jpg (file size: 63.75 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 [ 'V]I_UsE_LiNuX

Posted 1 October 2021 - 4:48 am
Also the error on the download says "Could not find game installation directory -- please join a lobby and run game diagnostic" But the game diagnostic says everything is fine for the game and the network...
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 1 October 2021 - 8:10 am
It does not find the game. If game diagnostics is fine, it should you prompt you to navigate to the game folder. If that does not work, please re-install the game. The two downloads above are the patches -- that cannot be applied, because the game directory has not been found.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ 'V]I_UsE_LiNuX

Posted 1 October 2021 - 7:39 pm
Everything in the diagnostic says it is fine.....I'm not understanding why this is not working? I've reinstalled the game twice (following the clean install directions)....
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ 'V]I_UsE_LiNuX

Edited 1 October 2021 - 7:47 pm by [ 'V]I_UsE_LiNuX
Here... I have literally tried everything I can think of....I've spent a good 2 hours going through my network and making sure policies and firewall rules and ports and security were not interfering. I last played this game 8 months ago and had no problem. I really need help with a fix please...my head hurts.

Attachments:
Screenshot_1.jpg (file size: 359.57 KB)
Screenshot_3.jpg (file size: 134.75 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 [ 'V]I_UsE_LiNuX

Edited 1 October 2021 - 7:53 pm by [ 'V]I_UsE_LiNuX
I manually extracted the files to AOE2HD
Attachments:
Screenshot_4.jpg (file size: 495.67 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 2 October 2021 - 11:45 am
Did you install the compatibility patch?

Please make sure you were following all steps in this self-help article:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ 'V]I_UsE_LiNuX

Posted 6 October 2021 - 3:19 am
I did everything STEP by STEP....and when I join the lobby it still says "Downloading Update (Uknown)". The diagnostics says everything is fine....
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ 'V]I_UsE_LiNuX

Posted 6 October 2021 - 3:25 am
Okay so I was messing around with some things....When using a VPN it allows to me to download the files....I'm guessing Pi-hole is not liking voobly too much. Do you guys use Amazon AWS by chance?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 October 2021 - 9:05 am
Nope, we are using OVH.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Catoplepas

Posted 12 December 2021 - 4:08 pm
Hey guys, this worked for me. I had to use my vpn. Now I am wondering why I had to use it. Any explanation behind this one?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 12 out of 12 posts