AOE2 - why is it that some games are not rated?

Barnuki

Posted 10 November 2021 - 8:57 pm
Hi. Why is it that some games are ending and the game is not rated after the game? sometimes it says that connection died or something and sometimes it just not shows that the game was rated.. it happens at least every few games. Someone knows the solution?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 11 November 2021 - 5:05 am by +sunny@voobly
If all players of a game room hit the 'resume lobby' button, the game is automatically unrated. Since most of your games you are playing are 1v1, I am guessing one of you is resuming the lobby and the other player is dropping.

Do not click on the 'resume lobby' button up until your game is over and you should be fine.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Barnuki

Edited 11 November 2021 - 6:43 pm by Barnuki
I see this in the voobly game chat:
Code:
<Connection to 'USER NAME' is not responsive (failure: peer check)>

So when my opponnent drops, I don't get the points. Weird. I guess when there is a drop then Voobly doesn't count that game? interesting. If someone can answer that would be good.

Sunny, it doesn't happen when I click the Resume to Lobby. Maybe the other player does that.. but then I don't think I would get that message above. Thanks, Barnuki.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 12 November 2021 - 1:48 pm
Barnuki wrote:
I see this in the voobly game chat:
Code:
<Connection to 'USER NAME' is not responsive (failure: peer check)>

This does not necessarily mean that the other player has dropped. In a 1v1 game, if player A drops, both player A and B will see the exact same message with the opponents name in it. This is because your local Voobly client is trying to connect to the other player and its unable to do so.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts