Could not find game installation directory

wrecktangle

Edited 24 January 2022 - 7:29 am by wrecktangle
Hi,
I'm an old time aoe 2 player and just got it and am trying to setup voobly and the patches, however when I attempt to install it I get this error "could not find game installation directory". The manual install instructions say "Navigate to the folder "Voobly Mods/AOC/Data Mods", located in your AoE II folder" but I don't see that either. Did I install a wrong version of voobly or something I'm so confused someone please help, I've looked everywhere for solutions and just want to play community games
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 24 January 2022 - 8:26 am
Simply create those directories in your game folder. Does the problem still persist after doing so?
Link | Reply | Quote
 wrecktangle

Edited 24 January 2022 - 10:44 pm by wrecktangle
Trying it out now. I'm also confused as to why DE doesnt show up in the voobly game browser. Is it run through HD or something with the compatibility patch?
Thank you, Wreck

Edit: Ya i got the same Could not find directory error. Do you need to install DE in a non steam location? As in should i have bought it through microsoft? I did get HD to work
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 25 January 2022 - 9:00 am
You need to have AOK / AOC with 1.0c installed or AoE II HD with compatibility patch.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Eduardo2009

Posted 31 January 2022 - 12:13 am
Hola, tengo el mismo problema de @destrozar y es que, no me puede andar el juego en voobly, y tengo las carpetas de voobly mods y el problema persiste. si me pudieran ayudar se los agradecería un montón
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 1 March 2022 - 10:08 am
Please perform a clean installation of the game.

[You must login to view link]
or
[You must login to view link]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts