RCB bugs/errors

[7th]AwakeNg

Posted 2 March 2022 - 6:24 pm
We were talking with Donnie and he said he was able to make some small changes to the fair mod in order to balance the civs and heroes.
those are not small changes its make new map lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 baby_cheesus

Posted 7 March 2022 - 8:32 pm
Gotta say, Donnie editing RCB / fair mod is f'in hilarious. Things really came full circle. Considering from what I remember Donnie and myself weren't on the best of terms.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Edited 10 March 2022 - 8:56 pm by [XceL]Donnie
I have access to the mod now so I'd like to make an update, but need people to agree on the changes or there's no point.

Seems like
Archer is too strong,
Scout is too boring,
Elite War Wagon is too strong
Elite War elephant too weak

I think something like

Archers of the Eyes
-base range 5 to 4
-attack 7 to 6
(spawn time has to be changed in the scenario not the mod)

Elite War Wagon
-Train time 25 to 28
-Collision size 0.45 to 0.40
(range is already 4+3 for war wagon and 5+3 for elite war wagon)

Elite War Elephant
either +hp or just give the tech, Mahouts (+30% speed War Elephants) back to persians.

King
-Collision size 0.3 to 0.2
(kings will get stuck less)
Link | Reply | Quote
 baby_cheesus

Edited 11 March 2022 - 11:19 pm by baby_cheesus
I have access to the mod now so I'd like to make an update, but need people to agree on the changes or there's no point.

Seems like
Archer is too strong,
Scout is too boring,
Elite War Wagon is too strong
Elite War elephant too weak

I think something like

Archers of the Eyes
-base range 5 to 4
-attack 7 to 6
(spawn time has to be changed in the scenario not the mod)

Elite War Wagon
-Train time 25 to 28
-Collision size 0.45 to 0.40
(range is already 4+3 for war wagon and 5+3 for elite war wagon)

Elite War Elephant
either +hp or just give the tech, Mahouts (+30% speed War Elephants) back to persians.

King
-Collision size 0.3 to 0.2
(kings will get stuck less)

I like the idea about the king. Didn't know that was a thing.

Give persians mahouts after 4 mins or so, otherwise they'll likely dominate too much in the beginning.

Something has to be done about all the theo/william/beli games... so many games just seem like they result in camping I suggest:
[*] The instant william or theo are detected increase the genitour ap/hp by 300. This will hopefully encourage rushing. based on the games I've played lately rushing isn't done as much anymore when it should be. Or you could increase the time genitour powers up.
[*] Alternatively you could do a 10th legion esque time bonus wherein if 2 of beli/william/theo are on the map then there's a one time use only benefit to power up all units in a persons base for X kings. This would have to be disabled for the players that have beli/william/theo though.

Was global always 21 kings? I thought it used to be 19, not sure of rationale to change to 21.

I don't think changing the king amounts for heroes is a good idea. I would try to balance it in different ways. Another concern is a lot of games aren't played with 7+ anymore so that leads to a lot of imbalance that isn't anticipated.

Edit: too high of genitour ap though will **** civs like persians, franks, etc.
Link | Reply | Quote
 abimanyu

Posted 13 March 2022 - 12:43 pm
error game when playing MOD V1.5RC autofarmQ... can any help?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 13 March 2022 - 12:51 pm
abimanyu wrote:
error game when playing MOD V1.5RC autofarmQ... can any help?
Just play the community patch 1.6 which comes with all the QoL features.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Posted 20 March 2022 - 5:10 am
fixed p2's spawn units not going to right spot.
added ability to rebuild walls around spawn unit.
50% done on making it so you dont lose kings (only on send to top store and send to super store)
You can send 4 kings at a time to top store, can send 2 at a time to super store.
Link | Reply | Quote
 baby_cheesus

Posted 21 March 2022 - 12:30 pm
I'll hop on to play a game or two when it's released, lmk.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Light

Posted 21 March 2022 - 11:41 pm
fixed p2's spawn units not going to right spot.
added ability to rebuild walls around spawn unit.
50% done on making it so you dont lose kings (only on send to top store and send to super store)
You can send 4 kings at a time to top store, can send 2 at a time to super store.

Awesome!
Link | Reply | Quote
 baby_cheesus

Edited 22 March 2022 - 2:39 am by baby_cheesus
Can you check p5 triggers for uber units. I was p5, bought Mordred and paladins spawned?? I was Huns. I did not have 20 razes either.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Edited 22 March 2022 - 6:52 am by [XceL]Donnie
Can you check p5 triggers for uber units. I was p5, bought Mordred and paladins spawned?? I was Huns. I did not have 20 razes either.

I had this problem a lot too. It's because you didn't select weaker bonus at the start. I've gotten non functioning gen too many times now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 baby_cheesus

Posted 22 March 2022 - 12:32 pm
I had this problem a lot too. It's because you didn't select weaker bonus at the start. I've gotten non functioning gen too many times now.

What weaker bonus? Archers/Paladins/Khan? I'm pretty sure I took archers if that's the case.
Link | Reply | Quote
 baby_cheesus

Edited 2 May 2022 - 5:48 pm by baby_cheesus
when p2 buys hero in rcb it usually goes on edge spawn and doesnt start making units

This is just how unit tasking is... I remember trying various locations to task the unit to go to and none seem to work. Same happens for other players too (e.g. player 6).
in 3v3 p4 bbt dies before p3 bbt, more auto aim on p4 bbt

Unavoidable game mechanic. Some positions are just luckier than others.
- Losing Kings in store.
- Beli/Williams freezing during battles as well as when moving them manually.

Lag will always cause units like beli/william/theo to freeze. This has gotten better over the years due to game patching. Nothing can really be done in the scenario to fix this.

Be more specific about losing kings.
When playing as p6 - franks buying genitour didn't work and spawned a khan.

As I mentioned in messages yesterday, there's something ****y with the triggers for sure. Locate the triggers that allow you to buy archers/khan/paladins in the beginning. Change it so it explicitly detects a king.

Same for the monkey at 16 minutes.

That should fix the issue.
> middle bbt with byz if its not razed within 2 mins or so it regains hp back to like 1800.

That sucks. I didn't look at this one in the triggers. Maybe a trigger is in there that shouldn't be... that is a trigger is giving byz 1800.

Actually... If they don't create a unit before 2 mins and then they do I think that could cause this to happen. Maybe that's what happened?
Here are all of my thoughts:

Archers: no bracer, spawn each 2 sec not 1, or 3 not 2 depending on what current rate is

Scouts: Either make 4 kings or detect 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 and de-activate

Civs: Remove bloodlines from all civs which didn't have it originally, restore pers full elite ellie hp & start pers with 3 kings not 2

Bugs:
2 king remove palisade wall currently removes units as well as wall
Byz BBT in mid re-gens hp if not killed at start
Huns can build BBT at start in cage

Palisade wall buy is supposed to remove units 3 tiles to the left and right of every other players spawn. It does it right along the shore. Someone else mentioned units in boat getting removed... well if you're p3 and you're boating p2 and you buy palisade wall... if p4 just happens to be loading a boat up to the left/right of spawn he's **** out of luck.

Persians do need a boost.

There needs to be something done about all the camping too. Not sure what...

I think conversion resistance should be removed for skirms. Or at least tweaked so it isn't as strong. I think I might've tried this before in Fair Mod. You really have to be an **** to have your skirm converted.

Scout should be weakened or certain units should be given a buff against it but due to complexity probably just weaken it/more expensive.

Glad this map is still bringing joy to folks.

Edit: After playing a game I think scout definitely needs to be weakened. less armor, 4 kings.

Edit 2: after playing another game... korean war wagon must have a buff against scout. I think I did this for all base units (e.g. plumed archer, cho ku nu, etc.)... so you could copy that for the lower units up to martel too (and including).

Edit 3: I would also recommend not changing too much... even scout at 4 kings is probably too much. The player base was fickle 5 years ago and has been reduced in further now. Don't want people to be discouraged from playing.

Edit 4: Another idea is to make kings visible behind structures. Kind of weird they aren't visible behind flags. Maybe the class of flag needs to be changed for them to be visible. Adjusting collision will probably mean kings can bunch up more, right?

I'm serious about the player base being fickle. I honestly dont know if they'll accept a map that has large changes. Definitely keep that in mind.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 28 out of 28 posts