Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > (AoE)Very weird issue - Black and white only & poor res and texture

(AoE)Very weird issue - Black and white only & poor res and texture

Danchik

Edited 5 May 2022 - 5:29 pm by Danchik
So I'm running on windows 7 64 bit, haven't had the issue a year ago when I was playing, I was playing for a long while and everything was smooth and ok, one thing I remember is that this issue suddenly happened after I probably played with some settings or something of that nature and that issue happened and I deleted everything and stopped playing.

Now I've downloaded AoE HD Edition from steam(all legit) and when I run the game itself through steam everything works just fine, but when the game starts through a Voobly room or whenever I start it without steam (from directory - age2_x1) texture is all messed up and everything is only black and white and there is barely any text, just to make it as clear as I can, the image I added is somewhat worse which I captured using Print Screen key- its a lot more darker in the image that it captured for some reason than what actually is on screen but nontheless it is still very very bad, by the way, I installed the HD edition patch all as instructed on the Voobly website and did all the updates when joining a Voobly lobby, I've tried doing Diagnostic in Voobly lobby and it said that everything seems ok.

I've tried the closing explorer.exe before starting, I tried changing to the classic Windows 7 theme, tried playing around with color bit rate all with no changes at all, the most similiar issue I've seen online is the purple colors thing(which is still a lot better than what my game is having), and I've tried their solution for it and it didn't change a bit.

I hope for the best, maybe somebody can help me out.
(if you can't recognize what's in the image - its the AoE main screen when launching the game manually..)LOL

As if that wasn't enough, I now started having FP issues which I NEVER had before, the only difference in my internet is that now instead of ethernet cable I'm connecting through WiFi.

I'll be very thankful if someone might have an idea on what is going on !
Attachments:
issue.jpg (file size: 44.33 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 5 May 2022 - 7:19 pm
Try [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Danchik

Edited 6 May 2022 - 12:27 pm by Danchik

I still can't believe this man im so surprised IT WORKED!!!!! thank you so much man, you are the best!!!!!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 May 2022 - 9:43 pm
Glad to hear you got it working. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts