Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Age Of Mythology > Smurfing - and joining beginner lobbies.

Smurfing - and joining beginner lobbies.

+thesavagehitman

Posted 29 June 2022 - 3:08 pm
It's okay to make new accounts, I understand.
But joining beginner lobbies and pretending to be a beginner... that's so uncool

I'm sure there's a way for Voobly to have Machine (PC) information to identify if there are multiple accounts being made from the same machine. So I'm thinking there's something the management can do to reduce this smurf thing happening?

I just wanna play some balanced matches. It's pretty difficult to find fair and fun matches already, now experiencing smurfing problems is cherry over the top (tooth).
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 29 June 2022 - 3:27 pm
Hi thesavagehitman,

Thank you for taking the time to post about your negative experiences in regards to smurfing. The Voobly forums is a great way to make other players aware of the downsides of smurfing. I understand your frustrations because of smurfing. Sometimes smurfs can really break the balance of the game making games unfun for new and lower level players. I hope this your post will make people aware and maybe will make some people reconsider the action of smurfing.

We are actually working on a potential fix for the problem. Once details are certain about this fix, I will tell more about this on the Voobly forums. For now I hope you will have some great games, without smurfs.

All the best,

Bombus

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts