Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Age Of Mythology > AKA Rates are now visible for everyone in the AOT Main Lobby

AKA Rates are now visible for everyone in the AOT Main Lobby

+miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Edited 30 June 2022 - 3:54 pm by +miko@voobly
Hi all,

As of today the feature of showing AKA Rates has been made available for all users in the AOT Main Lobby. In the past this has been available for premium users only, but now it will be available for all the players. If you would like to find out what AKA Rates are or why we made this decision, please keep reading.

What are AKA rates?
From now on, when you hold your mouse on a player in the AOT Main Lobby, there will be a new column visible for you in which it shows the player's AKA Rate. AKA is an abbreviation of “also known as”. An AKA Rate is basically the highest rating a player has on any account he owns. AKA Rates only show if a player has an account with a rating of 1650 or higher and the rates appear with an increment of 50. If you haven't guessed it already, AKA Rates are a pretty useful tool to detect smurfs.

Please take a look at the example picture below. You see that my that my account currently has a TG Supremacy rating of 1658, but that it shows an AKA Rate of 1700. This means that I have another account with a rating close to 1700 and that is correct. My account called [UCA]Strahssis currently has a TG Supremacy rating of 1717.

77t7szign0w7ynvdrx2op5psfpic5nb2

Why did we make this decision?
Smurfing has been a significant problem for new and lower level players in the community over the past years. For example: a smurf joins a room that was created for lower level players and because of his higher skill level, he will be breaking the balance of the game and making the experience unfun for everyone. The problem is that because he is using a smurf account, the host has no way of knowing that he is in fact a medium or higher level player.

Not only lower level players are victimized by smurfs, but also medium and higher level players, all be it to a lesser extend. Say you're 1700 and you're facing an 1850 opponent that is playing on a 1650 account. You are more likely to lose this game and because you're opponent is only 1650 on that account, you will be losing a lot of points. Besides that, you may not be interested in playing against such a strong opponent. And let's be honest, if you were to beat the 1850 player, you want the point reward for beating an 1850 player an not the reward of beating a 1650.

By making AKA Rates visible for all players in the AOT Main Lobby we want to help players detect smurfs, so they can make a knowledgeable decision if they want to play against them. We hope we will be solving the problems that people have been facing with smurfing this way.

I hope I have informed you all well about this change and if you have any questions or comments, please post them as a reply below. I wish you all a wonderful Age of Mythology time! ;flowers

All the best,

Bombus
Attachments:
AKA Rate Example.png (file size: 37.92 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Furkanthegreat

Edited 30 June 2022 - 4:49 pm by Furkanthegreat
no senseeeeee
Link | Reply | Quote
 iStars

Edited 30 June 2022 - 4:18 pm by iStars
I think u not smart, im pretty sure it means u have just other account with higher rating so players just have information who they potentially face and can make their decision about playing ur smurf, it doesnt mean it will take points as from your highest point account lmao but current one u playing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Furkanthegreat

Posted 30 June 2022 - 4:49 pm
no senseeeeeeeeeeee
Link | Reply | Quote
 riccco99

Posted 30 June 2022 - 4:56 pm
Nice i thought leave cuz i lost so many games vs "noobs" now i will play being careful
Link | Reply | Quote
 [HtD']past__

Posted 30 June 2022 - 5:19 pm
ok bombus , him smurf is amon ra you friend do make team ok?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +El_Curs_

Posted 30 June 2022 - 5:42 pm
;bigshock
Link | Reply | Quote
 +El_Curs_

Posted 30 June 2022 - 5:42 pm
;bigshock
Link | Reply | Quote
 Iam_Momo

Posted 30 June 2022 - 6:23 pm
I like the idea good job strah ;1thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 +thesavagehitman

Posted 30 June 2022 - 7:12 pm
This sounds like a pretty good start to catch and reduce smurfing. Great initiative
@Furkan can you describe what do you not understand about this post? I'll try to explain
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 30 June 2022 - 10:32 pm
I'm glad to see most are happy about the idea. I hope this change will resolve the smurfing issues we have been having. Thank you guys for taking the time to post your feedback. ;flowers
Link | Reply | Quote
 [PXx]m4rcos_

Posted 1 July 2022 - 3:08 am
What would it be for to buy the premium membership?
it doesn't make sense to buy it anymore
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 1 July 2022 - 2:04 pm by +chris@voobly
What would it be for to buy the premium membership?
it doesn't make sense to buy it anymore
It's just a temporary. Nothing will change for you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_RPG]elus1ve

Posted 1 July 2022 - 6:22 pm
what do you mean with "temporary"?
Premium membership's main advantage over normal users was to see AKA RATES, now everyone can see
AKA RATES
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 2 July 2022 - 12:21 am
what do you mean with "temporary"?
Premium membership's main advantage over normal users was to see AKA RATES, now everyone can see
AKA RATES
Temporary means that the change may be reverted once the smurfing problem has been resolved. Premium accounts have more benefits than just being able to see AKA Rates. If you want to find out what these other benefits are, please read this page. Thanks!

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 23 posts