GA DM for DE Balance and 1.6RC patch

[Learning]_QQV

Posted 12 July 2022 - 11:45 am
Hello,

I have a suggestion to please make a GA DM map for DE Balance and 1.6RC patch. So, DMers can also enjoy all-new civs. It is a profound request to voobly administration to pay heed to this.

Thanks!
Link | Reply | Quote
 ogeday1

Posted 12 July 2022 - 11:47 am

yes i support
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 12 July 2022 - 12:16 pm
Hi, I know that Green Arabia is just an arabia that always produces grass, that's not hard to do. But, what's special about a DM arabia?

Regardless, you can play old maps in the new mods, it's just a question of copying the file into the mod's folder.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Learning]_QQV

Edited 12 July 2022 - 12:44 pm by [Learning]_QQV
Thank you for letting me know. Means a lot. I didn't know that we could use old maps in new patches. BTW, FYI, an Arabia or Green Arabia for DM is without the basic Gaia, for example for GA DM there is no deers, boars and single-standing trees near your main TC and no wolves. Only Gaia we left with is tree lines, other basic resources and berries in order to spot your enemy.

Thanks for you help.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 12 July 2022 - 4:04 pm
Thank you for letting me know. Means a lot. I didn't know that we could use old maps in new patches. BTW, FYI, an Arabia or Green Arabia for DM is without the basic Gaia, for example for GA DM there is no deers, boars and single-standing trees near your main TC and no wolves. Only Gaia we left with is tree lines, other basic resources and berries in order to spot your enemy.

Thanks for you help.
I knew that at least the trees were missing. I thought it was already programmed but, by glancing at the DE_Arabia code, it doesn't look like it. It's an adaptation of the ECL map so maybe no one bothered to add DM support.

If you need help with some weird map, let me know. I know a bit about map script and for sure can add DM support.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Learning]_QQV

Posted 13 July 2022 - 1:09 pm
For now, I have imported all the DM maps from previous patch/mod. If I need any help, I will surely contact you. However, the 1.6RC seems great no errors at all now that I have had in the past.

Thanks again.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Learning]_QQV

Edited 17 July 2022 - 1:57 am by [Learning]_QQV
Hi,

I would like to give feedback on this patch. I really enjoyed this patch and mod not only new civs, global queue, queue technologies, advance features etc but, the game mechanics have improved so much. There is no lag at all, which I really enjoyed and much more. Most of my DM friends and DM community didn't like it due the graphics or bad picture quality and lack contrast ratio of colors.

However, I don't it at all. As I prefer the gameplay over the graphics. As I was going to ask you if it is possible to change the graphics to orginal AOC. But, Coincidently I find another patch WK DE. Which is absolutely a master piece patch. And it was what other DMers looking for since it is like playing DE on orginal AOC graphics with all advance features. But, here I find another issue that ppl are so lazy to download the patch and install then fix hotkeys, move the maps etc.

So, is it possible to have it auto updated just like 1.6 gamedata? Like it gets auto downlaoded on voobly. I know it is not easy but I think that will boast 1.6 RC popularity more.

Thanks!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 17 July 2022 - 8:42 am
If you want the old graphics, katusie and I did the necessary mods, check our respective workshops.

WololoKingdoms DE hasn't been updated in months, it doesn't have up to date balance, some bugs are still present and no new civilizations. It will be removed from the mod list in the future as we are pushing people to just use the 1.6 Community Patch.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Learning]_QQV

Posted 17 July 2022 - 8:45 pm
Can you tell me that mod name?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Posted 17 July 2022 - 9:14 pm
https://voobly.com/gamemods/mod/1633/Original-Terrains
https://voobly.com/gamemods/mod/1545/Old-Units-Slp
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Learning]_QQV

Posted 18 July 2022 - 8:41 pm
Thanks!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +mikael@voobly

Posted 18 July 2022 - 11:51 pm
Old-Units-Slp need to update, do you want the owner ship of this mod?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Learning]_QQV

Edited 19 July 2022 - 1:42 am by [Learning]_QQV
Updates like what? Would it affect the gameplay? If it doesn't affect the gameplay I'm fine with it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +mikael@voobly

Edited 19 July 2022 - 12:38 pm by +mikael@voobly
I means Local mod have missing update old graphic. If you want i Can Ask voobly to give you ownership to https://voobly.com/gamemods/mod/1545/Old-Units-Slp
And you fix that, and finish the job if some things has to be fix,Ok for you ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Learning]_QQV

Posted 20 July 2022 - 1:44 am
Okay, I can try.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 21 posts