Steam to Voobly

xFreebird13

Posted 12 July 2022 - 9:02 pm
I own a copy of AOT on steam, but I want to play on voobly. How can I go about getting set up? Do I need to buy another copy of the game?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 12 July 2022 - 9:06 pm
The Steam version does not work on Voobly unfortunately, it has been made incompatible on purpose. Simply install the good old AOM / AOT. Ask around in the AOT lobby, I am sure someone can give you a copy of their game folder -- then you can play without any problems. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +El_Curs_

Edited 15 July 2022 - 6:18 pm by +El_Curs_
Do you think that in the future the steram version can be played on voobly, or rather in better terms, is it possible with a great effort?
I'm sure it would have better servers than steam itself ;rambo
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 15 July 2022 - 6:24 pm
You guys just have to figure out, what is breaking the game for Voobly. As you can see, it is already properly detected. You could try placing the original EXE there with all its dependencies and see, whether you can get it working. We did the same with AoE II HD and it worked. See [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 15 July 2022 - 8:30 pm
I will make sure we look into this. It would be great to bring AoM:EE to Voobly. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +El_Curs_

Posted 18 July 2022 - 5:28 pm
wow that's pretty interesting i think someone may know something about it ;cup
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 19 July 2022 - 6:30 pm
Hi El_Curs,

I've been spending the majority of the past two days on this and I have made some progress. I can not guarantee yet that I will be able to get it to work, but the progress looks promising. Stay tuned and who knows, maybe soon Extended Edition players will be able to connect to Voobly. :)

All the best,

Bombus

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 7 out of 7 posts