it again

keizu

Posted 18 July 2022 - 2:21 pm
tell me what kind of garbage, periodically it happens that when you enter the wobble, v1.6 RC and v1.6 Game Data are downloaded again, this is already annoying me. I looked in Voobly Mods the weight of these folders does not change, this means the files are overwritten. what the **** to do? I'm already very dissatisfied with the service
Attachments:
15775053.png (file size: 391.11 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 18 July 2022 - 2:26 pm
We just updated the mod. The files don't chage size becasue what we do is rewrite very small parts of the code.
And of course the mod is overwritter, how else can we ensure that everyone has the same version?
Link | Reply | Quote
 keizu

Edited 18 July 2022 - 2:29 pm by keizu
How about an easier way to explain? I don't understand these things
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Posted 18 July 2022 - 3:03 pm
When we modify the mod we change some files and add some graphics, nothing that severly impacts the size of the mod, although it always grows a little.
Since in order to have the new civilizations we need to modify both mod and patch, both elements are usually updated together.
The voobly installer always deletes the current mod's folder and copies the files again. This way we ensure tat everyone has the same files so as not to get desynchronizations when playing.
The Voobly client is not broken if you think it's constanlty downloading stuff, we are changing the files and that makes the cliend re-download.
Link | Reply | Quote
 keizu

Posted 18 July 2022 - 3:26 pm
ahh got it, thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 20 July 2022 - 12:08 pm
Please also keep in mind, that Voobly is a free service.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts