which version to download

keizu

Posted 18 July 2022 - 5:05 pm
when I go to some lobbies, I am offered to download Vololo Kingdom, I follow the link. there's a bunch of info out there. what to download for aoe 2 conquerors. attach screenshot plz
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 July 2022 - 8:28 pm
The stable release must be downloaded and installed. Never run testing or beta builds.
Link | Reply | Quote
 keizu

Posted 18 July 2022 - 8:56 pm
what version to download tell me? and where to install it
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 July 2022 - 11:58 pm
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 keizu

Posted 19 July 2022 - 5:48 am
I understand that you need to install this way?
Attachments:
3.JPG (file size: 11.26 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 19 July 2022 - 11:28 am
You install WK and then you run the application. This will create the mod in the correct folder.
Link | Reply | Quote
 keizu

Posted 19 July 2022 - 5:27 pm
Where should the mod be installed? I just moved the WololoKingdoms 5.8.1 folder to Data Mods and nothing worked for me. as I go to the lobby with this mod, the error still pops up that Vololo is not installed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 20 July 2022 - 12:12 pm
Do you own the game Age of Empires 2013 (AoE II HD) on Steam? It is required in order to run the WK converted.

Path to the game directory on Steam (default path):
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common

Wololo Kingdoms should be placed here (relative path to the game directory above):
.\Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods
Link | Reply | Quote
 keizu

Posted 20 July 2022 - 12:21 pm
I don’t have Steam at all, I didn’t understand something, but isn’t Vololo Kingdom not for the old version of the game of 2000, you tell me right now that this is the version from the link that I downloaded for the HD edition of 2013
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 20 July 2022 - 12:41 pm
https://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/860/WololoKingdoms
Quote:
This mod allows you to play the HD expansions on Voobly. There are some requirements:

You need to play this with Userpatch 1.5
You need to own at least the HD version with the "Forgotten Kingdoms" expansion on Steam and have it installed. Without that, using this mod is not possible.
If you do not own all expansions, you will be restricted in the civilizations you can choose. There are three different versions of this mod: WololoKingdoms FE, WololoKingdoms AK and WololoKingdoms (the full version).
If you are missing African Kingdoms, you will only have access to WololoKingdoms FE (regardless if you own Rise of the Rajas or not)
If you miss Rise of the Rajas, you do not have access to the full WololoKingdoms.
This is done automatically and all versions you have access to will be installed.

"Download Now" will take you to the Github Page, where you can download the Zip of the installer, extract the zip into a folder and run the executable of the installer inside, which will give you some options to choose from (Hotkeys, language, etc.). Installing it through the mod center like other data mods is not possible.

If you have any questions, please read the readme on the github page [You must login to view link] first to see if they are answered there.

Note that this uses HD balance as your steam is set to during the installation. This means that if your HD is e.g. on and old patch or a beta branch, it will use the changed balance of that. The version number changes depending on that. To play rated, your version needs to match the number of the mod version shown here. This means your steam installation needs to be set to the current live patch ( 5.8 ). Make sure it's updated before running the installer.

If you're having troubles with the auto-updater, you can disable it by renaming the WKUpdater.exe to something else.
Link | Reply | Quote
 keizu

Edited 20 July 2022 - 1:34 pm by keizu
I do not understand why it was necessary to invent all this hemorrhoids? I probably refuse. ok, everyone, close the topic.
Attachments:
15775053.png (file size: 391.11 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 20 July 2022 - 1:34 pm
Sorry, but: RTFM please!
Link | Reply | Quote
 keizu

Posted 20 July 2022 - 4:42 pm
what is RTFM?
Link | Reply | Quote