Resolution PROBLEM!

%Coles

Posted 18 July 2022 - 7:34 pm
I've got 1920x1080 resolution on my pc but I cannot use it in game..
You must login into Voobly to view image

^ this is how my full screen looks when I'm in game with resolution set to 1920x1080.

Can anyone help me fix the issue?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 18 July 2022 - 8:27 pm
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 %Coles

Posted 19 July 2022 - 1:10 pm
Used every setting, doesn't work.. the right panel and the bottom one just disappears when I put resolution to 1920x1080.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 20 July 2022 - 12:09 pm
Has it worked before? I had a similar issue not so long ago and I fixed it by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Just make sure, the game room settings are configured as shown in the self-help knowledge base article I linked above.
Link | Reply | Quote
 %Coles

Posted 22 July 2022 - 2:56 pm
Yes, I always run AOE on 1920x1080.. I deleted aoe reinstalled it 1 week later and I got this problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 23 July 2022 - 5:36 pm
What happens if you change the resolution inside the game, e. g. to something else and then to your actual Desktop resolution? Please also make sure, that your game resolution is equal your desktop resolution.
Link | Reply | Quote
 %Coles

Posted 23 July 2022 - 9:09 pm
If it is less than my desktop resolution, then its like a half or 3/4th window, if it is more, then it basically doesn't fit in my monitor.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 23 July 2022 - 9:46 pm
There is something I still don't understand. If your Desktop resolution and in-game resolution is the same, why is the game GUI in the screenshot of your first post off screen? Could you please post a full screen screenshot.
Link | Reply | Quote
 %Coles

Edited 25 July 2022 - 4:09 pm by %Coles
Sure here it is. Also the old one was a full screenshot, did not take anything partiallly.
Attachments:
bta.PNG (file size: 4.44 MB)
reso.PNG (file size: 27.5 KB)
1920x1080.PNG (file size: 3.09 MB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 25 July 2022 - 5:03 pm
Change "Scale and Layout" from 125% back to 100% (screenshot #2) and reboot. Your problem should now be solved. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 %Coles

Posted 25 July 2022 - 5:10 pm
True, that solved it basically 5 days ago. But I seriously don't prefer 100% scale and also I NEVER set scale to 100% before and it used to work fine, but I'll try reinstalling the game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 25 July 2022 - 6:04 pm by +chris@voobly
This feature was introduced with Windows 10, old applications however such as AOC don't support this.

You could try this, not sure whether this works for AOC though.
Attachments:
exclude-app-dpi.jpg (file size: 68 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 25 July 2022 - 6:12 pm
I just noticed, this is already recommended in our game room settings knowledge base article, you don't have to do this manually. Can you please confirm that this solves the issue?
Link | Reply | Quote
 %Coles

Posted 25 July 2022 - 6:16 pm
Yes, I've applied the exact settings as mentioned on both the links, they don't solve the problem.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 25 July 2022 - 6:33 pm
Okay... does it work if you change this manually?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 19 posts