Can't connect directly to other players with voobly

[UCA]_RaduBR

Posted 31 August 2022 - 4:54 pm
Context:
I can play Age of Mythology: The Titans not with a direct connection to the other players, but by using that Voobly proxy server automatically.

I use a FiberHome Router and I connect with Wifi. What I've tried so far is:
1. Set up a static IPv4 address on my PC
2. Reserve that IPv4 address (together with the MAC) in the router IPv4 LAN Settings.
3. Create a port forwarding rule for port UDP 16000 (it asks for Local IP | Remote IP | Local Port Range | Remote Port Range | Protocol). I'm not really sure what I should fill in the Remote IP field... I tried typing my gateway to the router, then the router's public IP, and also I tried typing 0.0.0.0.

Sometimes, Voobly Network-diagnostic-tool says all traffic is routed through port UDP 16000, other times it says different ports are used, seeming to behave randomly. The objective is to forward port UDP 16000 but I don't know how to do that or check if I've done it by chance.

Can anyone help me with this?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Posted 31 August 2022 - 5:34 pm
I helped Radu in the help room today, but sadly we couldn't resolve the issue yet. An addition to his post for reference: Both Voobly and Age of Mythology are allowed through firewall and both aomx.exe and aomxnocd.exe have administrator priveleges.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 31 August 2022 - 8:06 pm
Context:
I can play Age of Mythology: The Titans not with a direct connection to the other players, but by using that Voobly proxy server automatically.

I use a FiberHome Router and I connect with Wifi. What I've tried so far is:
1. Set up a static IPv4 address on my PC
2. Reserve that IPv4 address (together with the MAC) in the router IPv4 LAN Settings.
3. Create a port forwarding rule for port UDP 16000 (it asks for Local IP | Remote IP | Local Port Range | Remote Port Range | Protocol). I'm not really sure what I should fill in the Remote IP field... I tried typing my gateway to the router, then the router's public IP, and also I tried typing 0.0.0.0.

Sometimes, Voobly Network-diagnostic-tool says all traffic is routed through port UDP 16000, other times it says different ports are used, seeming to behave randomly. The objective is to forward port UDP 16000 but I don't know how to do that or check if I've done it by chance.

Can anyone help me with this?

Please post a screenshot of the created port forwarding rule in your router configuration. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts